Tekonsha / DrawTite P3 Brake controler EXCELLENT!

/ Tekonsha / DrawTite P3 Brake controler EXCELLENT! #1  

CowwFace

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE HST, 401FEL, RB40-96 pivoting Rear Blade
Hey List,

I just wanted to take a moment and post a quick thread here about the FANTASTIC customer service I received from Cequent Performance Products.

I bought a Tekonsha P3 brake controler about 2 years ago and it's been great. I was pulling a car hauler trailer about a week ago and the brake controler screen flickerd a bunch, then went to red with a display message of "short to battery no brakes" .. yikes. I called the tech support number the next day (1-800-Stop-You) and told them what happen. The support guy asked me a few quesitons and determiend that it was a faulty unit...

The support guy then took my name and address and said I'll get one in the mail to you ASAP. That was Last thursday.. it's now Wed (6 days later) and on my desk is a new Brake controler. WOW I'm thrilled.

It looks like Tekonsha has been bought out by DrawTite ... but otherwise same controler. I will have NO hesiatation to buy a DrawTite brake controler in the future.

Just wanted to let everybody know.

Thanks for reading,
Phill

/ Tekonsha / DrawTite P3 Brake controler EXCELLENT! #2  
Glad to hear there are companies out there who still do it right.

You are the first person with a controller that I have ever heard of having one go bad. I sell trailers and have been around trailers for well over 20 years. Actually getting closer to 30. I have seen a lot of controllers and used probably 75 different ones and never had a issue. Some work better than others and the P3 has always been a good mid level controller.

Guess you are just lucky.

Chris

/ Tekonsha / DrawTite P3 Brake controler EXCELLENT! #3  
That's how good companies stay in business. There's hope out there yet.

/ Tekonsha / DrawTite P3 Brake controler EXCELLENT! #4  
Thanks for the note. We just had a T-3 installed last month.

I'm glad they provide backup/support service.

/ Tekonsha / DrawTite P3 Brake controler EXCELLENT! #5  
correction P-3