New trailer legislation in the People's Republic of Ontario (Canada eh!)

/ New trailer legislation in the People's Republic of Ontario (Canada eh!) #21  
I'm wondering if there is anyplace left where you can just be left alone, and live by common sence & the laws of nature?

/ New trailer legislation in the People's Republic of Ontario (Canada eh!)
I'm wondering if there is anyplace left where you can just be left alone, and live by common sence & the laws of nature?

A boat, in the middle of the ocean, is the only place I can think of.

Rgds, D.

Yep, there's that 4500kg combined limit again.....

RV Information for Drivers - Annual Safety Inspections

" (Yellow stickers needed on both truck and non-RV trailer when....) the gross vehicle weight rating of the truck, when added to the gross vehicle weight rating of the towed trailer or trailers exceeds 4,500 kgs."

So... it appears that you could get written up for pulling an empty trailer that potentially can carry a heavy enough load to go over 4500 kg total.

Forget about Guilty till Proven Innocent, we're just Guilty - pay up !

ZERO mass media communication has been put out about this..... just in time for boating season. KA-CHING !

By my rough calculations, an F150 SuperCrew could only pull a 2500# trailer, before surpassing the 4500kg combined total. And, that was the Shortbox SuperCrew !

Can anybody name a Canadian province or US State that isn't up to its eyeballs in debt ? Let me know, and I'll start checking it's real estate listings.

Rgds, D.

/ New trailer legislation in the People's Republic of Ontario (Canada eh!) #25  

Now You know how trust worthy gun owners in Canada feel about a paper crime. :stirthepot:

Now You know how trust worthy gun owners in Canada feel about a paper crime. :stirthepot:

Totally about tax revenue.

Nope, nothing new to see here folks.....

Rgds, D.

/ New trailer legislation in the People's Republic of Ontario (Canada eh!) #27  
Dave, thanks for updating this thread. I'll be dropping by the MTO office this week and see what they have to say. Looks like I may be downsizing my boat if I am going to need a yellow sticker on all my trailers.

Dave, thanks for updating this thread. I'll be dropping by the MTO office this week and see what they have to say. Looks like I may be downsizing my boat if I am going to need a yellow sticker on all my trailers.

Sure wish I didn't have to bring this up again, but it is what it is......

Perhaps if we were all towing inflatable dinghys behind Tercels then Queen's Park would be happy......

Please update us on that conversation Luremaker. But, I won't be surprised if this continues to be one of those "Ask the question 5 different times, and get 12 different answers" deals.

:confused3:

Rgds, D.