The Gatormade expierence.

/ The Gatormade expierence. #111  
No, YOU

ARE YOU A SATELLITE DEALER?

for some competing brand.

Exactly how would you KNOW what the other poster meant? And no, I am NOT a trailer dealer. In fact, I'm not a dealer of any kind and unlike many others here, I have no commercial interests in anything. I simply hate false reviews or attempts to make a company look better by using various "tactics".

/ The Gatormade expierence. #112  
Exactly how would you KNOW what the other poster meant? And no, I am NOT a trailer dealer. In fact, I'm not a dealer of any kind and unlike many others here, I have no commercial interests in anything. I simply hate false reviews or attempts to make a company look better by using various "tactics".

Or maybe he is like I am, truly a satisfied Gatormade owner. I've had no problems with my Gatormade trailer in the 3 1/2 years that I've owned it other than the biased tires dry rotting and the manufacuturer stepping up and replacing them last year. Are there chips and scratches on my paint with a little bit of rust there? Yep, sure are. But everytime you hook a chain to something or drag it across you are going to scratch it - or anything other type of coating that was put on it. I've pulled it a lot locally both loaded and unloaded, pulls great either way and this winter we took it to Florida and brought a Corvette back to Ohio. No problems, I guess this trailer isn't supposed to do that huh?

/ The Gatormade expierence. #113  
I do not understand why the trailer manufactures do not skip paint and powder coat and just go strait to Rhino Lining? We started spraying our own beds with a kit from U-Pol and its awesome. Its cheap, easy to apply, and durable as can be.

I am getting ready to shoot both my bush hog and finish mower.

Chris

/ The Gatormade expierence. #114  
I've spent some time and have read through this entire thread. I looked at GM before and liked what I saw but since I'm not a commercial guy and won't be making any money with it, couldn't justify the expense. But I need to haul some equipment around and tow bills add up quickly.

After just speaking with GM in Somerset, here are a few things I was told.

1) Paint problems have been cleared up when they started powder coating.
2) New frame design uses 2x6" box or tube construction (on their 16+2 14k trailer I'm looking at) instead of 6" channel.
3) Axle and brake components are made in USA by Lippert Components.
4) Wiring is contained in conduit with no exposed wiring.
5) NO scotch lock connectors. This was offered. I didn't have to ask.
6) I failed to ask about tires.

I'll be going to a local dealer here in Marietta to see for myself. Might not be able to see the new boxed frame trailer, but the other items should be able to be confirmed.

IF, and I say IF, I find the above claims to be true, I may be an owner of a new GM trailer soon because it sounds like what I was told addresses the problems others have had with their GM trailers.

I should be able to post findings tonight or tomorrow.

-RFL

/ The Gatormade expierence. #115  
I have a 2012 gooseneck tilt. It has no conduit anywhere on the trailer. It does have lots of scotch connectors. It is a 2 x 6 frame and powder coated. My CAT loader broke the loading ramp off we had to plate it with 1/2 inch steel no problems since. I tried calling and talking to Ernie at Gatormade left several messages I wanted to send him pictures of the failure, but he never called back. The trailer was bought in June of 2012. For the price the trailer is ok.

/ The Gatormade expierence. #116  
This is new, brand new. Marietta dealer told me he just heard about it yesterday. He said he'll have one in stock to look at in a week or so. Everything he has in stock has crimped and exposed wires.

-RFL

/ The Gatormade expierence. #117  
This is new, brand new. Marietta dealer told me he just heard about it yesterday. He said he'll have one in stock to look at in a week or so. Everything he has in stock has crimped and exposed wires.

-RFL

Here are a few pictures GM sent me of the new boxed frame.
2series_032SAM_4259_zps59843f57.jpg

2seriesframe2_zps60d51666.jpg

2seriesframe3_zps808d224c.jpg

I'll get a look at one in a week or so.

-RFL

Attachments

• 2seriesframe2_zps60d51666.jpg
    2seriesframe2_zps60d51666.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 165