Just registered my new trailer in Maine

/ Just registered my new trailer in Maine #1  

davygp38

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4400
I just registered my new 20+5 gooseneck in Maine. I used the Staub Agency 1-800-698-8805. Here is what I had to send. Original certificate of Origin, a copy of my bill of sale, A notarized limited power of attorney (they e-mailed the blank to me,) and a money order for $159.50. The break down on fees is as follows. $42.50 for title, 20.00 for power of attorney (one time fee,) $87.00 for 5 year registration, ( you can get up to a 12 year.) I also opted for UPS ground $10.00, to get the plates. The girl I spoke with was very knowledgeable. If the weight of the trailer is less than 3000 lbs, then no title fee. You also only have to send a copy of your certificate of origin. The same trailer registered in Ny for the first time would be $900 plus. and about $70 a year. and a yearly inspection.

/ Just registered my new trailer in Maine #2  
I have often thought of doing this for my 10k trailer. I pay about $180 every 2 years right now...

/ Just registered my new trailer in Maine #3  
How does the weight work?

What is your goose registered for? I was never real clear on how that worked in Maine..

/ Just registered my new trailer in Maine #4  
Here in Louisiana you can register your trailer for 2, 4, or life. i think it's about $100 for the life time registration, you get a plate with a sticker on the bottom that says life. It's one heck of a deal.

/ Just registered my new trailer in Maine #5  
Does that mean you're keeping the trailer?

/ Just registered my new trailer in Maine #6  
amazing how much difference there is between the states on this.in tn you go to the local county court clerk's office,give them title,bill of sale or whatever you have,pay your sales tax if it applies & gdt your tag that is good for the life of the trailer.registration is the same price for a 12 ft. bumper trl. as it is for a 48ft. semi trl.,the tag is good for as long as you own the trl.

/ Just registered my new trailer in Maine #7  
Here in Indiana we have to register our trialers once a year. They have titles and there is on inspection. My two 7,000# trailers run about $45 a year and my 18,000# trailer runs about $100 per year. We do it all on line these days but you can still just go to the BMV and do it. (Bureau of Motor Vehicles).

Chris

/ Just registered my new trailer in Maine #8  
I just registered my new 20+5 gooseneck in Maine. I used the Staub Agency 1-800-698-8805. Here is what I had to send. Original certificate of Origin, a copy of my bill of sale, A notarized limited power of attorney (they e-mailed the blank to me,) and a money order for $159.50. The break down on fees is as follows. $42.50 for title, 20.00 for power of attorney (one time fee,) $87.00 for 5 year registration, ( you can get up to a 12 year.) I also opted for UPS ground $10.00, to get the plates. The girl I spoke with was very knowledgeable. If the weight of the trailer is less than 3000 lbs, then no title fee. You also only have to send a copy of your certificate of origin. The same trailer registered in Ny for the first time would be $900 plus. and about $70 a year. and a yearly inspection.

If I had any brains I would have done the same thing. You are saving more than you think because the annual NY registration for my 7K bumperpull trailer topped $100 for 2010.

/ Just registered my new trailer in Maine #9  
amazing how much difference there is between the states on this.in tn you go to the local county court clerk's office,give them title,bill of sale or whatever you have,pay your sales tax if it applies & gdt your tag that is good for the life of the trailer.registration is the same price for a 12 ft. bumper trl. as it is for a 48ft. semi trl.,the tag is good for as long as you own the trl.
When i bought my trailer (25' goose) it had a semi Tag from TN, the previous owner lived in MS and told me not to reregister it, and just use his tag. He gave me all the paper work. i got it registered in LA because it's so cheep. Thought it was funny that it had Semi Registration.

/ Just registered my new trailer in Maine #10  
i have the trailer in my sig registered in maine, through one of the title agencies similar to what the OP used. i did 5 years, at my total was about $100 for everything. my 6'x12' landscape trailer cost me $45/year in NY:confused2: