LOAD TRAIL "BOBCAT" TRAILER

/ LOAD TRAIL "BOBCAT" TRAILER #1  

gumshu

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 2025R TLB, Kubota L4802 and Can Am Defender HD7
Has anyone had experience with this specific trailer. I love everything about it. The only concern I have is that it is so low to the ground... about 12" at the rear. That makes for a lot of dragging in and out of gas stations with dips at the driveways.

/ LOAD TRAIL "BOBCAT" TRAILER #2  
looks like a nice trailer, just not sure you need a low slung trailer to be easily able to load a Bobcat CUT, the tail dragger height could be an issue.

Also it only has automotive paint.

Lots of brands out there now with powder coating
Take a look at Novae Sure Trac trailers, lots of choices, and features
It is what I am looking at

HOME - Sure-Trac Trailers by Novae

/ LOAD TRAIL "BOBCAT" TRAILER #3  
I own a 7000# 2004 LoadTrail car hauler style trailer. I bought largely on price, and it was the cheapest 7K trailer I could find with 82" between the fenders. It has served me very well, and probably has less than 12" clearance at the rear which is a concern sometimes, but not a major one. The few times it has dragged have caused no damage to the trailer. I suggest if you are worried about 12" of clearance being insufficient, you buy a deck-over trailer.

/ LOAD TRAIL "BOBCAT" TRAILER #4  
looks like a nice trailer, just not sure you need a low slung trailer to be easily able to load a Bobcat CUT, the tail dragger height could be an issue.

I would take a good auto paint over powder coat anyday.

/ LOAD TRAIL "BOBCAT" TRAILER #5  
I would take a good auto paint over powder coat anyday.
I agree. I order all my trailers in black with paint, not powder coat. Its easy to touch up with just about any $3 can of Gloss Black Spray Paint. Powder coat looks great until it chips and rusts.

Chris

/ LOAD TRAIL "BOBCAT" TRAILER #6  
Does anyone make a galvanized equipment trailer? Seems logical to me. They make boat trailers this way, why not other types of trailer?

DiamondPilot- you seem to encounter many trailers, any comment?

/ LOAD TRAIL "BOBCAT" TRAILER #7  
Does anyone make a galvanized equipment trailer? Seems logical to me. They make boat trailers this way, why not other types of trailer?

DiamondPilot- you seem to encounter many trailers, any comment?

My local rental yard has them but they are very expensive. Put the price point at what a aluminum trailer would be.

You very rarely see large boat trailers in Galvanized, just single axle 3,500# units. At that price point it can be done economical but these trailers are usually Generic. That is they are not boat custom but adjustable to kind of fit many boats. Same this with the aluminum boat trailers. The additional cost is offset by very little welding, things are bolted together, and the lack of paint.

What I would like to see is a manufacture like PJ or even Gator Made offer Rhino Lining instead of paint. We had a 30 year old Bush Hog Rhino Lined and that thing looks like new after 5 years of tough use.

Chris

Chris

/ LOAD TRAIL "BOBCAT" TRAILER #8  
Has anyone had experience with this specific trailer. I love everything about it. The only concern I have is that it is so low to the ground... about 12" at the rear. That makes for a lot of dragging in and out of gas stations with dips at the driveways.

When loaded, is your trailer level? Lowering it at the hitch will raise the rear. I used to have a car hauler with a dovetail. It would drag in alot of places, but it never hurt it. I just did not like people looking my way with all that drag noise. JC

I have seen some steel wheels you could weld to the rear of the trailer to help with dragging.

/ LOAD TRAIL "BOBCAT" TRAILER
Thanks guys. I settled on a Load Trail 14K 18' footer with fold up ramps and dual brakes... bumper pull.
[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• RU SIDE_0.JPG
    RU SIDE_0.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 1,440
   / LOAD TRAIL "BOBCAT" TRAILER

Thanks. Those are some fine looking trailers. Too bad they don't have any dealers near me.