Owner/operator

/ Owner/operator #1  

dowanisty

I have a d5g lgp dozer. What size truck and trailer will it take to haul this to the job sites

/ Owner/operator #2  
I moved this post to trailers and transportation. You'll probably get more responses here.

Welcome to TBN! :)

/ Owner/operator #3  
When We had our new place built , The sub-contractor had a D-4 that he carried on the back of a Peterbilt with a tilt deck for a bed . This was a 3 axle truck , ( 1 steer axle , 2 drive axles ) . Not sure the weight difference between and D4 and D5 , Or even what the weight of your D5 is sitting on the ground . That would help me search out a logical set-up for you .

Fred H.

/ Owner/operator #4  
Pretty much any true medium duty 6 wheeler (I don't mean and F450) and a 20 ton tilt deck trailer will do. It is a 20K lb machine, give or take.

I used to tow similar machines with my R model Mack (300 HP, 9 Speed) and tilt deck with no issues.

If you are not comfortable or hold a Class A CDL, you may be better off hiring your moves.

/ Owner/operator #5  
as others said. its 20K lbs machine

something like this

GLOBE%2020%20TON%20TAG%20TRAILER%20234T%20001.jpg

pulled behind a 10ton dump truck.... (single axle topkick)

Class A CDL required

/ Owner/operator #6  
Since we believe in having others do the haul work (dirt, rock and rubble), we have an agreement with the trucking company to move our stuff around. I realized awhile ago (IMO and work) it wasn't as profitable to do everything in-house. I have to be there to load and unload the equipment, but they tote it. No CDL, equipment, tag or insurance worries on my end.

/ Owner/operator #7  
Pretty much any true medium duty 6 wheeler (I don't mean and F450) and a 20 ton tilt deck trailer will do. It is a 20K lb machine, give or take.

I used to tow similar machines with my R model Mack (300 HP, 9 Speed) and tilt deck with no issues.

If you are not comfortable or hold a Class A CDL, you may be better off hiring your moves.

Your right, it weighs 20,402 pounds, i would give and extra 1000 or 2 for fluilds and dirt in the tracks.