Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for thoughts

Found a trailer on Craigslist that met my needs. Talked to the guy few times trying to arrange to look at trailer. He ended up "selling" the trailer. This has been over a month ago, but the trailer is still listed. I have had other people contact him and it's sold. My question is why keep the listing?

Wedge
    1967 Ford 4000, Box blade, straight blade, FEL, Rake, Bushhog, Backhoe, Jinma chipper, KKII tiller, Grapple.

Tractor
    2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires

Default Re: Looking for thoughts

Sometimes people delete the email that has the link to the URL where you can edit or delete a post, or sometimes they are just too lazy to do it. The ad will expire and drop out after 45 days anyway, but if you want to hurry it up you and others can flag it.
    Nothing could be finer than riding my JD790 in South Carolina!!

2001 John Deere 790 4x4 with Model 70 FEL, 5ft International World Agritech bush hog, 5ft Wallberg BB, 5ft Frontier disc harrow, 5ft King Kutter II Rototiller, 5ft Cultipacker, 5ft Sitrex finish mower, Leinbach PHD with 9" & 12" augers, Leinbach middlebuster, Leinbach #11 Field Cultivator, boom pole, custom 3pt handi-hitch, clamp on bucket forks, Pat's Easy Change.

Nothing runs like a Deere, or smells like a John....

Tractor
    Carolina Clearing, LLC

There might be a secret code within the text of the ad like the type that are used when people order "hits" on others???

Tractor
    Yanmar LX4900//Cub 7532//Cub Yanmar SC2400//CAT 312B//Komatsu D38

I find this to be a common practice, and very aggravating. Have called on several things only to be told "its sold" which I reply, it's still on CL? They typically respond, "oh yeah, forgot to delete it..."
    Getting home tomorrow after 6 weeks overseas......got a list of several things to call on on CL.....we'll see how many are still available!

Oh, and I think CL switched to 30 day ads....?

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1215, Toro 266-H, Pennsylvania Panzer, Case 444, Craftsman 14/6

I wonder if many don't actually know the custom of removing the ad after the item is sold.
    From now on I will only buy cars that are a silver/grey color. Then I can make all body repairs with Duct Tape.

I learned a few things.
    First I thought Craigslist was like ebay and you had to pay a percentage of what the item was sold for, but was told craigslist is free.

Also as was mentioned on here, Craigslist sends you a "special" email when you post, and included in that email is a link to be able to remove your add. If you lose the email, it's difficult to remove your add. Obviously I've never sold anything on Craigslist, but this seems like a flaw in the system.
    I'm guessing what happened is this person lost his "special" email.

Wedge
    1967 Ford 4000, Box blade, straight blade, FEL, Rake, Bushhog, Backhoe, Jinma chipper, KKII tiller, Grapple.

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; Ford Ferguson 9N: JD X300R

Quote Originally Posted by wedge40 View Post
    I learned a few things.
    First I thought Craigslist was like ebay and you had to pay a percentage of what the item was sold for, but was told craigslist is free.

Also as was mentioned on here, Craigslist sends you a "special" email when you post, and included in that email is a link to be able to remove your add. If you lose the email, it's difficult to remove your add. Obviously I've never sold anything on Craigslist, but this seems like a flaw in the system.

Wedge
    There's an in-state listing business here in Alaska that offers free sales ads - "Alaskaslist". Very similar to Craigslist. However, they send out another edit/delete email when your ad is approaching the 45 day listing cut-off -- a reminder -- that your ad is about to expire or you need to delete it if the item has sold, etc.

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1215, Toro 266-H, Pennsylvania Panzer, Case 444, Craftsman 14/6

Quote Originally Posted by wedge40 View Post
    I learned a few things.

Wedge
    The other way is to sign up for an account. Then you can log in and see all of the ads you've posted with the option to edit or delete the post.
    From now on I will only buy cars that are a silver/grey color. Then I can make all body repairs with Duct Tape.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Deere 345

Here's another one that I hate:

If an item sells sometimes the seller will edit the original post and put "SOLD" in the title. If it's sold and you can take the time to edit the post then why not just delete it !!!!

Tractor
    Carolina Clearing, LLC

The seller could be conducting some market research. By advertising a particular item at a price, he then observes how much interest is placed in that item by the number of phone calls that he receives about it.

This tells him if there might be a market for that particular item or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast