Looking for thoughts

/ Looking for thoughts #1  

wedge40

Veteran Member
Found a trailer on Craigslist that met my needs. Talked to the guy few times trying to arrange to look at trailer. He ended up "selling" the trailer. This has been over a month ago, but the trailer is still listed. I have had other people contact him and it's sold. My question is why keep the listing?

Wedge

/ Looking for thoughts #2  
Sometimes people delete the email that has the link to the URL where you can edit or delete a post, or sometimes they are just too lazy to do it. The ad will expire and drop out after 45 days anyway, but if you want to hurry it up you and others can flag it.

/ Looking for thoughts #3  
There might be a secret code within the text of the ad like the type that are used when people order "hits" on others???
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ Looking for thoughts #4  
I find this to be a common practice, and very aggravating. Have called on several things only to be told "its sold" which I reply, it's still on CL? They typically respond, "oh yeah, forgot to delete it..."
Getting home tomorrow after 6 weeks overseas......got a list of several things to call on on CL.....we'll see how many are still available!

Oh, and I think CL switched to 30 day ads....?

/ Looking for thoughts #5  
I wonder if many don't actually know the custom of removing the ad after the item is sold.

/ Looking for thoughts
I learned a few things.
First I thought Craigslist was like ebay and you had to pay a percentage of what the item was sold for, but was told craigslist is free.

Also as was mentioned on here, Craigslist sends you a "special" email when you post, and included in that email is a link to be able to remove your add. If you lose the email, it's difficult to remove your add. Obviously I've never sold anything on Craigslist, but this seems like a flaw in the system.
I'm guessing what happened is this person lost his "special" email.

Wedge

/ Looking for thoughts #7  
I learned a few things.
First I thought Craigslist was like ebay and you had to pay a percentage of what the item was sold for, but was told craigslist is free.

Also as was mentioned on here, Craigslist sends you a "special" email when you post, and included in that email is a link to be able to remove your add. If you lose the email, it's difficult to remove your add. Obviously I've never sold anything on Craigslist, but this seems like a flaw in the system.

Wedge

There's an in-state listing business here in Alaska that offers free sales ads - "Alaskaslist". Very similar to Craigslist. However, they send out another edit/delete email when your ad is approaching the 45 day listing cut-off -- a reminder -- that your ad is about to expire or you need to delete it if the item has sold, etc.

AKfish

/ Looking for thoughts #8  
I learned a few things.

Wedge

The other way is to sign up for an account. Then you can log in and see all of the ads you've posted with the option to edit or delete the post.

/ Looking for thoughts #9  
Here's another one that I hate:

If an item sells sometimes the seller will edit the original post and put "SOLD" in the title. If it's sold and you can take the time to edit the post then why not just delete it !!!!

/ Looking for thoughts #10  
The seller could be conducting some market research. By advertising a particular item at a price, he then observes how much interest is placed in that item by the number of phone calls that he receives about it.

This tells him if there might be a market for that particular item or not.