Trailer for Kubota L 3010

/ Trailer for Kubota L 3010 #11  
Brad,

I notice in your picture that you do not have the tractor pulled up all the way to the front of the trailer. When you tow this way is your load balanced? I have a NH TC33D with a mower and FEL and haul it on a 20 ft. trailer. If I load it frontwards the load is heavy on the front of the trailer and makes for a rough ride. If I load it backwards it trailers much more smoothly. Since I have a rotory mower it pretty much takes up the whole 20 ft so I don't have a lot of leeway in positioning the load on the trailer unless I leave the mower hanging off the back. I don't do that because to me that defeats the purpose of having a 20 ft. trailer. Therefore I load and carry my tractor backwards and it rides great. Just wondering how well yours rode with it loaded as shown...

/ Trailer for Kubota L 3010 #12  
I have only hauled this load once so far, but it rode good was about 30 miles of interstate and 10 miles of secondary roads. I have always tried to center the most weight around the axles on my trailers. This was loaded with the help of my dealer. I think next time i am gonna move it to front and see how that does I am worried about putting to much weight on the rear of this truck it is only a 1500 4X4 and is a near as I can figure right below the maximum weight. Hope this answere your question.

/ Trailer for Kubota L 3010
Brad,
Nice tractor and trailer. About how much does your rig and trailer weigh? I have considered borrowing my brother's trailer (he is in the landscape business) if I have to transport the tractor occasionally.

Haz

/ Trailer for Kubota L 3010 #14  
When u load tractor look at helper springs on truck before loading and pull tractor
until the main springs are on helper springs.
This way it gives good tongue wt. and the extra springs help control some of the
sway.

/ Trailer for Kubota L 3010 #15  
Haz,
Thanks i just got it all two weeks ago. The nearest I figured on the tractor was 5500 to 6000 lbs but that is only a number I came up with as an estimate. I do not even recall were i got that from. I would be carefull if you are using an open lawn trailer i had one a few years ago had a bobcat put a pallet on it and it bent the rear gate. But the gate was made out of expanded metal and light box steal made for commercial lawn mowers.

/ Trailer for Kubota L 3010 #16  
That's a great setup. I need one for my 3010 as well!

/ Trailer for Kubota L 3010
Brad,
My brother has a heavier transport trailer he uses which should be OK for what I need if the combined weight isn't too much. My truck is only rated to pull 6200 lbs. Still it would be nice to have my own trailer. I have to check around here for trailer dealers next week. I got some leads from a guy at work.

Haz

/ Trailer for Kubota L 3010 #18  
I have a 20' rated at 7000lbs . i had it built with extra tie down points . brakes and treated floors for 1150. i pulled it last weekend with my L3000dt FEL and woods 60,plus a honda foreman s in the bed of the truck , 80 miles and back. no problems. i mean the tractor ,fel and cutter wiegh about 4200 lbs per specs.the 7000 will work ok. i did have to turn my two " drop hitch to a rise hitch. atv caused a squat.
if i had a big tractor yeah i would need a bigger trailer and also a bigger truck.don't dream it into a skidder.
though i would like a chevy 2500hd with a duramax .but i got to pay for the tractor first.

/ Trailer for Kubota L 3010 #19  
I bought a Hudson 10k for my JD 110 tlb. It's a construction type i.e. no sides. A beaver tail is the way to go if you have a BH.. No hitting the ground with the hoe. Its only $100.00 more. Hudson makes a nice trailer. The fenders are actually steps . It makes an easy climb to the tractor. Make sure to buy one with the wires in a sleeve. $2450.00 was my price. Adieu.

/ Trailer for Kubota L 3010 #20  
I use a 20' Corn Pro rated for 12k gross (an 18' is pictured). It has two 6k Dexter torsion axles. The ramps fold up as pictured or can be stored on either side of the back of the trailer. It has heavy gauge steel diamond plate fenders that you can step on and not worry about it. It also has a 12k bulldog drop-leg jack, full length rub rails and stake pockets.

I like the 20' trailer because I have plenty of room to stow an extra implement on the front if I need more than one for a particuar job. I like having open sides so it is easy to load pallets of sod or block. Having the extra weight rating didn't cost much more and it is a nice to have piece of mind when towing. Besides, my truck is rated for a 13k trailer. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Hope that helps in your decision.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.cornprotrailers.com/>Corn Pro Trailers</A>

Steve

Attachments

• 47-207417-cornpro.jpg
    47-207417-cornpro.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 460