Trailer for Kubota L 3010

/ Trailer for Kubota L 3010 #1  

Haz

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3430cab w/ FEL
I live in NE Pennsylvania. My local Kubota dealer doesn't sell trailers and I was wondering what companies make good trailers for a tractor this size with a FEL and BH. Any recommendations on trailers or dealers would be appreciated.

/ Trailer for Kubota L 3010 #2  
Haz
I have <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.bigtextrailers.com/index.html>Big Tex </A>trailer for my tractor hauling. It’s rated for 7000 lbs. That fits my 2910 very well. A 3010 with FEL & BH sould require at least a 18’ trailer rated at 10’000 lbs.
Check out this thread on trailer size.<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=genbuy&Number=181417&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1> Click Here</A> It should help you make your decision.

/ Trailer for Kubota L 3010 #3  
Haz,
I haul my JD 4400 FEL / BH or Rotary Brush Cutter on a Anderson 18' 12,000 lb trailer. 18' is a good length for these setups.
Personally, I feel a 7,000 lb trailer will be undersized if you are going any distance or on a highway. The axles & brakes are much bigger on the 12,000 trailer. Remember that the trailer is the only thing between your tractor and the road. Happy shopping !!
Mike

/ Trailer for Kubota L 3010 #4  
Worthington makes aluminum trailers in their facility in Montoursville. They are a very nice trailer, but you will pay for them. I can't recommend them highly enough. They have a web site, and they will return an e-mail promptly, teeling you their local dealer.
I have a 6.5'x12' single axle for my BX, but I have has my eye on a 18' tandem.

/ Trailer for Kubota L 3010 #5  
I haul my Kubota B1550, belly mower, fel, and whatever attachment I might be using at the time on a HUDSON 16' trailer rated at 10,000 lbs. I originally was going to buy a 7,000 lb trailer but I'm glad I went with a higher rated one. This is one tough trailer with larger tires, brakes, and heavier steel. I once hauled a Sunbelt skid steer, not sure of the weight, but heavy, the tires squatted a little, my Dodge V8 struggled with it but once moving the trailer followed nicely behind. As MikeH stated the 7,000 will be undersized. As for length the longer it is the easier it will be to back up, and of course you can get more stuff on it. The 16' trailer I have is fine for me but of course longer is better. Did I say that?

/ Trailer for Kubota L 3010 #6  
Another thought on trailers. I have the Hudson 16' tandem axle trailer with rails that cover the front and sides of the trailer, approximately one foot high. The problem with the rails is that if I ever need to get anything loaded that use pallets I have to do it from the ramp side. Equipment trailers don't have sides, I guess you can build your own sides using the stake pockets, but loading can easily be done with a fork lift from either side. Also, you could make sides any size you want, remove them when not needed. A good example would be getting a load of mulch, or moving a lot of furniture. You could make sides using 4 X 8 plywood when hauling the mulch or furniture, then pull the sides when just carrying equipment.

/ Trailer for Kubota L 3010 #7  
I have a 7,000 lb. trailer and it handles my JD 4200 with FEL and BH just fine. I have a 22' diamond plate floor and have no problem carrying my finish mower on it, too. I think I could add my box blade without any difficulty, though I can't imagine the job I'd have needing the BH, finish mower and box blade. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I'm not saying a 10,000-12,000 lb. trailer wouldn't be nice, but 7,000 is all I need and probably all you need, too. You should be able to just do the math by adding the weight of your tractor, attachments and the 7,000 lb. rated trailer. If the total is 7,000 lbs. or under, you'll be within the rated limits. Personally, I wouldn't spend the money for a 10,000 lb. trailer if that total was 7,100 lbs., though. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Trailer for Kubota L 3010 #8  
Haz,

I just recently purchased a Kubota 3010 with Bush Hog Front end loader and 6 foot rear finish. I put it all on a Anderson 18 foot trailer with a 2 foot dove tail. The trailer is rated for 12,000 lbs have hauled it once so far and do not think i would be hapy with a lighter trailer. I have a picture of it on there but it is at work if you would like to see it let me know.

BradK

/ Trailer for Kubota L 3010
Thanks Brad,
I have been checking out different options for trailers. It would be nice to be able to use the trailer for moving cargo as well as the tractor. I would be interested in seeing a picture of your trailer if it isn't too much trouble.

Haz

/ Trailer for Kubota L 3010 #10  
Haz, here is the only picture i have right now

Attachments

• 47-200604-Trucktracttrailer.jpg
    47-200604-Trucktracttrailer.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 250