Backup Camera to hook up trailer

/ Backup Camera to hook up trailer #31  
I think a camera on a tractor would be a great addition and would hold up just fine. I have had mine on the rear of my truck for nearly 2 years with no issues.

Chris

/ Backup Camera to hook up trailer #32  
I think a camera on a tractor would be a great addition and would hold up just fine. I have had mine on the rear of my truck for nearly 2 years with no issues.

Chris

Chris, What about the monitor being out in the weather 365? Ken Sweet

/ Backup Camera to hook up trailer #33  
I too am wondering about a camera set up for use on my tractor...particularly to see the position of the cutting wheel on my stump grinder. It's hard to line stuff up from the tractor seat....and that wheel is hard to see. I'm not sure if wireless is needed. :confused:

A camera may be useful for several other operations. As Ken said....watching forks is a good one.

/ Backup Camera to hook up trailer #34  
I think they would do fine out in the weather. That is what they are made for. Mine sleeps in the garage every night but sees plenty of water, snow, and grime being a daily driver.

Chris

/ Backup Camera to hook up trailer #35  
But does the "monitor" see any weather?

Would that last outside on a tractor, exposed to the elements?

/ Backup Camera to hook up trailer #36  
But does the "monitor" see any weather?

Would that last outside on a tractor, exposed to the elements?

I do not think the monitor would last a week.

Chris

/ Backup Camera to hook up trailer #37  
My monitor is under my canopy, and relatively protected from the elements, except wind blown dust.

I think the idea of a forward looking camera is great; but I think it would be more likely to be destroyed from falling debris than weather. Also, I think most of these cameras are corrected to provide the same image one would see in a rear view mirror. However; some of the newer or more sophisticated cameras may allow you to turn the correction on and off.

/ Backup Camera to hook up trailer #38  
I sure can see where one would be useful for loader work in delicate areas.

/ Backup Camera to hook up trailer #39  
I tried mine on my ride on a bright day and it was hard to see the screen. As far as the monitor and weather - they are only moderate size and you could always carry it inside when you didn't need it.