Backup Camera to hook up trailer

/ Backup Camera to hook up trailer #51  
For installing a wired back-up camera it is $79 for a wireless it is $59.

/ Backup Camera to hook up trailer #53  
I just bolt a 1/2" plastic pipe cap to the trailer coupler, when unhooked, I stock in a piece of pipe long enough to see in my mirror, ease back until the pipe moves. Much cheaper! ~~ grnspot110

182123d1286746838-backup-camera-hook-up-trailer-hpim0891-copy.jpg

I'm having trouble understanding how this works - what contacts the pipe to know when it "moves"?

/ Backup Camera to hook up trailer #54  
182123d1286746838-backup-camera-hook-up-trailer-hpim0891-copy.jpg

I'm having trouble understanding how this works - what contacts the pipe to know when it "moves"?

Just watch the pipe in the mirror as a guide! I have a 1/2" glob of clear silicone on the center of my "crossover" tool box to sight with. Leave the trailer hitch at the same level as the ball until "touched". ~~ grnspot110

/ Backup Camera to hook up trailer
As an update - My wife bought me this one

Wireless car backup camera color monitor RV Truck Trailer Rear View Backup Wireless Camera RVCam Day & Night Vision

89 days ago. It worked great, and I was very pleased with it. My only problem was the monitor was soo big, I couldn't find a good permenant home for it, so I kept it in my console when not in use.

It's a good thingI got the one with the remote transmitter. If the transmitter was contained with the camera (like most license plate mounted ones), it wouldn't be strong enough to use on my rig. I had to mount the antenna high in the bed of my truck.

However, 2 weeks ago, it stopped working. I just got around to looking at why it isn't working anymore. Looks like either the camera died, or the monitor isn't picking up the wireless signal anymore.

It only has a 90 day warranty - so I'm probably out of luck :( I hope not.

So.... here I am - surfing on my laptop, a full 7 hours after emailing them on a SUNDAY about my problem.

They sent me a reply, stating that the monitor probably just switched modes, and how to get it back into wireless mode (push and hold the "menu" button).

AWESOME! That was the trick!

I love this company! Now, back to my problem of where to mount the huge 7" monitor :)

/ Backup Camera to hook up trailer #57  
I just sent that company on email about what is needed to hook one up on my truck.. I purchased a Peak w. 3.5 moniter for $79.95 and took it back because the wires were too short from license plate to transmitter inside cab. The clip connections actually looked quite flimsy also. I'd rather go with the RCA connections... A little more universal........

I just sent that company on email about what is needed to hook one up on my truck.. I purchased a Peak w. 3.5 moniter for $79.95 and took it back because the wires were too short from license plate to transmitter inside cab. The clip connections actually looked quite flimsy also. I'd rather go with the RCA connections... A little more universal........

In my setup, the camera has a small cable, which goes to a transmitter (water proof). The transmitter gets power from somewhere. In my case, that power is my backup lights.

Then - the signal is transmitted wirelessly to the monitor. If the cable from the camera to the transmitter are too short, I could buy an extension cable for $10.00.

Because I have a cap on my truck, I was able to mount the tansmitter up high, on the trim of my cap window (just tucked in behind the rubber gasket).

When I put it back on, I'm going to add a 2-wire plug for the power, so I don't need to take the tail-light apart again.

/ Backup Camera to hook up trailer #59  
That was my concern if the transmitter was waterproof etc. I'd mount it on my backrack. Do you get a lot of signal noise on the monitor? Static?? How long is the camera wire to the transmitter? Thanks.

/ Backup Camera to hook up trailer #60  
Any updates for this thread?
As I've posted I've got the Portable Wireless car backup magnetic camera color monitor RV Hitch Truck Trailer Rear View Backup Wireless Camera RVCam Day & Night Vision solution. It works great, I've swapped it between several vehicles and my tractor. Only downside is I don't want to mount it for general driving around and the backend of my new toy
attachment.php

is kind of high. I'd like something with a permanent mount (I could also use one for the front) just so I could get CLOSE to that little econobox who decided to park CLOSE behind me. So I'm in the market for "license plate" solutions, preferably wireless.

thanks

/edit - I know I can add additional cameras to the one I've got, I'm just wondering if there is something better available.