Transporting multiple attachments ?

/ Transporting multiple attachments ? #1  

countrybumpkin

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti, kubota
I'm looking into some idea's on transporting multiple attachments at one time with my trailer, lately I have been needing to haul my tractor with the front bucket along with my pallet forks and brush grapple. My trailer is 20' long car hauler style and don't really have the room for two of the attachments to set on the front of the trailer and have room for the tractor with FEL and backhoe to set behind them, only way would be to leave the loader in the air and I don't like to tow it like that, Any ideas would be appreciated.

Picks of grapple and forks I have.

Attachments

• Photo0297.jpg
    Photo0297.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 206
  • Photo0317.jpg
    Photo0317.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 200
   / Transporting multiple attachments ? #2  
You could set one of the attachments in the back of your truck before you hitch up the trailer. Also, I've seen a number of people that have underslung mounts to hold their pallet forks on the trailer. Here is a pic of one that was recently posted in the trailer forum, I think. Credit to original poster....

Attachments

• PICT0032.jpg
    PICT0032.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 595
   / Transporting multiple attachments ? #3  
Looks as if your forks could be loaded backward into your grapple with the forks going back under the front wheels of you tractor. Obviously would need the forks adjusted in narrow enough to clear the front wheels. This would require some thought when raising the grapple so not to have the forks contact the tractor.

/ Transporting multiple attachments ? #4  
I agree with putting some in the bed of your truck, this is why I do not like GN trailers or camper shells. Also a set of fork pockets under the trailer is the only way to go with them.

Chris

/ Transporting multiple attachments ? #5  
I agree on a set of pockets for the forks. If your trailer is wide enough, you could also do the same with your grapple on the other side.

Aaron Z

/ Transporting multiple attachments ? #6  
Load the forks from the side (or in front pointing backward), hold the bucket in the grapple, sitting on the forks?

Make sure you secure it all well, of course.

Or set the forks on one side facing in, the grapple on the other side, facing in with the grapple open, and slip the attached bucket in on top of both of them?

Ken

/ Transporting multiple attachments ?
I like the underslung idea, think that is what I will try, that way I can put the grapple on one side and the forks on the other.

/ Transporting multiple attachments ? #8  
The fork pockets under the trailer have worked great. The tubes go all the way across the trailer so I can transport the forks on either side depending on what I am doing and where I will be loading / unloading when I get there. Attached is another view. Let me know if you need another angle. I will try to get out to the barn and take a couple of pictures.

Attachments

• PICT0044.jpg
    PICT0044.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 386
   / Transporting multiple attachments ?
Ok thanks, I hope to get started on mine tommorow evening at work.

/ Transporting multiple attachments ? #10  
Fork pockets.

Attachments

• fork pocket.gif
    fork pocket.gif
    41.3 KB · Views: 275