Oil pan - Use gasket or Hi Temp Red RTV

/ Oil pan - Use gasket or Hi Temp Red RTV #61  
Go to Geno's Garage on-line for your Dodge diesel parts needs. That said...

... It might not be the pan gasket. On my 47RE tranny in my 96 Dodge, I thought it was the pan gasket also. Washed the area several times and observed up close and each time concluded it was the pan gasket.

Turned out to be the small o-ring on the filler stick tube where it enters the tranny!

/ Oil pan - Use gasket or Hi Temp Red RTV #62  
Man you are a stubborn one or something I don't know what lol!

Yes the pipe thread nipples that screw into the regs have tape on them from the factory so do the gages plus the valve at the bottles where it screws in the top of the tank has tape on the threads as well......chew on that for awhile and its 3000# psi and a gas line is only 8 ozs but will still leak if not sealed I promise been there done that just here recently.

why do you keep jumping back to pipe thread. that's not what I am talking about.. I'm talking about the fitting fitting right at the reg to bottle.

last post on the subject.. need to go wash my hair or some other equally more important task...

soundguy

/ Oil pan - Use gasket or Hi Temp Red RTV #63  
Car Doc isn't the one jumping back to pipe thread. You're the one jumping away from it. You originally questioned his statement that "pipe thread has to be sealed with either tape or dope". It was pointed out to you that NPT was designed to seal with a sealant and many posted their experiences that they had to use sealant on NPT (no surprise there). You then went off on tangent with the JIC fitting or compression or flair / inverted flair stuff which of course has zero to do with NPT. Trying to divert the discussion away from NPT and it's need for sealant by introducing all the other things that seal by a totally different means is just a red herring you've thrown into it. It is the equivalent of someone stuffing their fingers into their ears and running around going LA LA LA LA LA LA LA to shut out the the truth that they don't want to hear. Truth that contradicts their opinion.

/ Oil pan - Use gasket or Hi Temp Red RTV #64  
I just have to ask-why would the pan need to come off at least 10 times?

I change my trans filter every year. It was two years old when I bought it.

/ Oil pan - Use gasket or Hi Temp Red RTV #65  
wow that's alot of miles? 35k between changing?

soundguy

/ Oil pan - Use gasket or Hi Temp Red RTV #66  
Car Doc isn't the one jumping back to pipe thread. You're the one jumping away from it. Truth that contradicts their opinion.

Thanks Mace Canute maybe this will be dropped now since he needs to wash his hair he will get out of mine.