World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer?

/ World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #21  
   / World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #22  
I agree its worthless. Even behind a S-10 or Ranger you could put about the same amount in the bed and even more with a bumper pull trailer. I would not use it around the farm because GN trailers take up so much bed space. You would once again do much better with a small BP trailer.

I think it was just someone goofing around with some stuff and made it or maybe a kids project in a welding class.

Chris

i guess the only thing it might do is 'back up' better. short / lil bumper pulls are so hard to backup...

soundguy

/ World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #23  
Probably a good deal! Offer the guy $500, saw the GN off and weld on a tongue...:thumbsup: Could probably salvage enough steel from the GN to make the tongue.:laughing:

/ World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #24  
i guess the only thing it might do is 'back up' better. short / lil bumper pulls are so hard to backup...

soundguy

Thats true. I have had Jet Skis on and off and you can not see them in a truck until its too late.

Chris

/ World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #25  
ditto that. I have a 4x8 flatbed cargo trailer I used to pull with a lil 6 cyl ( 3.0 ) ranger.. it's now on blocks. I also have an enclosed 4x6 and well.. i never back it up.. it is so short that once it starts to go.. it goes. if I need to do anything with it.. I just unhitch it and walk it. even loaded. .. just find the ballance point and walk.

I also can't see either of the small trailers in my rearview untill they are jacknifed. heck even my 16' flatbed when it is empty. it's hard to see the end of it without a flag sticking up. now when loaded.. no issue.. got something to eye up on..

soundguy

/ World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #27  

soundguy

Put markers on the back corners (note the yellow "cable" markers on the rampgate). This helps a lot when backing smaller trailers! ~~ grnspot110

Attachments

• GARDEN TRACTORS 617 - Copy.jpg
    GARDEN TRACTORS 617 - Copy.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 585
   / World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #28  

soundguy

Agree. Those little trailers are hard as heck to backup. I have a little trailer with a pickup bed on it, that I bought off a guy for $10.00 and one time I tried backing it up. I jackknifed it and bent the hitch.

Chad

/ World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #29  
it's not just not being able to see it. it's a geometry thing. with a small trailer, you can get them angled beyond the point of no return ridiculessly fast. I'd rather back up my gooseneck than my short trailers.. for sure..

soundguy

Put markers on the back corners (note the yellow "cable" markers on the rampgate). This helps a lot when backing smaller trailers! ~~ grnspot110

/ World's Smallest Gooseneck Trailer? #30  
it's not just not being able to see it. it's a geometry thing. with a small trailer, you can get them angled beyond the point of no return ridiculessly fast. I'd rather back up my gooseneck than my short trailers.. for sure..

soundguy

I understand that, that's why my 10' & 16' have the axles farther back and longer tongues than you'll see on most trailers.

Still, practice helps! Even with the little Snowco in my first post. ~~ grnspot110

Attachments

• GARDEN TRACTORS 519 (Small).jpg
    GARDEN TRACTORS 519 (Small).jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,672
  • Copy of TRACTOR SHOWS 2008 069.jpg
    Copy of TRACTOR SHOWS 2008 069.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,320