Not My Preferred T-bone

/ Not My Preferred T-bone #1  

dgl24087

Veteran Member
Tractor
1975 John Deere 1530
Car ran a stop sign and caught me on the driver door. It really doesn't look as badly damaged in the pic as it really is.

Attachments

• 2011-01-1017.20.04.jpg
    2011-01-1017.20.04.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 436
   / Not My Preferred T-bone #2  
I'm surprised how well that step bar did. Did the bumper go under it and the hood go over it and into the door? Hopefully nobody was hurt. The next time you head out I would suggest going for the Porterhouse over the T-bone. :laughing:

/ Not My Preferred T-bone
The step bar is bent down about 4 inches or so. The car that hit me was a 2003 Audi A6. I think the step bar went under the bumper. The impact was pretty hard, it knocked me sideways and in regaining control I crossed 2 lanes of traffic. By some miracle, there was a traffic break in the oncoming lanes. No injuries but I'm extremely sore today. Initial estimates are $5-7k, the dealer's body shop looked at it at 11 this morning and still hasn't completed their estimate. :eek: I actually prefer Ribeye. :licking:

/ Not My Preferred T-bone #4  
Glad you are ok. Looks like minor damage but its going to cost to fix it and do it right. The main issue is the cab corner. It will be every bit of $5000.

Chris

The damage is actually worse than it appears in the photo. The cab is buckled slightly, hard to explain and I haven't taken any more photos.

Claim filed, parts ordered, work begins next Wed., estimated 13-14 working days for repairs. Ins. co. renting me a either an F150 or another Ram thru Enterprise.

/ Not My Preferred T-bone #7  
So what was the $$$$$ damage?

Chris

/ Not My Preferred T-bone #8  
That sucks. Hope the other guy had insurance

/ Not My Preferred T-bone #9  
totalled,
frame is probably bent!

/ Not My Preferred T-bone #10  
Glad you are ok. That looks like a pretty good lick.