finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW! #11  
When I had my 2001 Dodge diesel 4x4, that was all we heard out of the Ford and Chevy camp "people only bought a Dodge because of the Cummins motor":laughing:
Here, just in case no one believes me;)

Attachments

• Ram - Felicia - Copper.jpg
    Ram - Felicia - Copper.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 218
  • Ram 2000.jpg
    Ram 2000.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 247
   / finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW! #12  
I couldn't agree more. we test drove one in Sept and pulled the trigger on it--4x4 F350 SRW. It's our plow truck and will do summer work as our another landscape truck. We were amazed at how smooth and quiet it was compared to the 07 Dodge 2500 Cummins. Ours is a work truck, so it's totally stripped except for power windows and doors. But we really like it.

IMG_0800.jpg
[/IMG]

/ finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW! #13  
is it sad that the front end sits so high that the reg headlights clear the plow when its down?

/ finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW!
i'm sure the Dodge HD and GM HD ride very nice as well, i have yet to drive one of those though. i just could not believe how smoother the ride was in the F-350 SRW 4x4 then my Z71. that and the ease of driveabilty completely caught me off guard! i was expecting it to be clumsy around town and drive/ride like the big truck that it is but it sure proved me wrong.
i remember test driving a 6.0 diesel a few years back, but the ride was very different...not nearly as good. the get up and go wasn't there that the new 6.7 has, not even close from my seat of the pants analysis. the only thing i can say bad about the truck is i don't like the way the turn signal is set up. that would deffinatley take some getting use to! it's hard to describe what i mean, you'd just have to see for yourself. the best way i can describe it is that when you went to turn and put on the blinker it didn't stay, it went back to its normal setting, yet the blinker somes on. if that's the only bad thing i can say about the truck then Ford must have done something right. i will report back after i drive a Dodge Cummins and a GM HD. i'd also like to test drive an F-250 with the 6.2 in it.

/ finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW! #15  
I thought the new Ford engines WERE Cummins !?!

/ finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW! #17  
is it sad that the front end sits so high that the reg headlights clear the plow when its down?

Why is that sad and isn't that the case with all trucks of just about any vintage?

/ finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW! #18  

Nope, the Ford engines that were built by Cummins you refer to were the 5.9L Cummins diesels that Ford painted blue and stuck a blue oval sticker on in thousands of F-6/7/900's in the 90's.
Ford also used a lot of GM diesels & transmissions through the 80's in their medium duty trucks.

/ finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW! #19  

Why is that sad and isn't that the case with all trucks of just about any vintage?

Yeah, why would that be sad, it's exactly where I'd want it to be.

That truck looks great in that picture.

JB

/ finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW! #20  
Nope, the Ford engines that were built by Cummins you refer to were the 5.9L Cummins diesels that Ford painted blue and stuck a blue oval sticker on in thousands of F-6/7/900's in the 90's.
Ford F-650/F-750's still use the Cummins 6.7l (same engine in the RAM HD's). If this new Ford-built 6.7l Powerstroke is so great then why don't they put it in their medium duty trucks? The "excuse" the Ford faithful liked to use was that the Powerstroke was made by International and they didn't want their engine in a competing truck. Well now, that's not the case anymore so what's the new excuse...?

Status
Not open for further replies.