finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW! #21  
As much as I like the way the new Fords look,they still need to place the marker lights back below the headlights. Even though I don't like the 6.4L in the 08-10 trucks, they would look good if the headlight and marker lights were flipped. Back on subject, I can't wait for my chance to drive the new 6.7L.

/ finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW! #22  
Ford F-650/F-750's still use the Cummins 6.7l (same engine in the RAM HD's). If this new Ford-built 6.7l Powerstroke is so great then why don't they put it in their medium duty trucks? The "excuse" the Ford faithful liked to use was that the Powerstroke was made by International and they didn't want their engine in a competing truck. Well now, that's not the case anymore so what's the new excuse...?

At least Ford offers a class 6/7 MDT for their customers, unlike GM or Dodge.....

If you look back a few years all MD truck mfg (except maybe IH) offered Cummins, Cat, and for a long while Detroit diesels as options, because that's what the customers wanted. IIRC, you could get a Powerstroke in a F-650 a few years ago. But since Cat got out of the on road market, and you can't get a Detroit in anything but a Freightliner anymore, you are left with a single engine option, although I did read a rumor that Ford was going to start offering the V-10 in the MDT for those that didn't want a diesel.

/ finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW! #23  
Ford F-650/F-750's still use the Cummins 6.7l (same engine in the RAM HD's). If this new Ford-built 6.7l Powerstroke is so great then why don't they put it in their medium duty trucks? The "excuse" the Ford faithful liked to use was that the Powerstroke was made by International and they didn't want their engine in a competing truck. Well now, that's not the case anymore so what's the new excuse...?

Yep, it's Cummins & Allison. Looks like Ford's diesels & transmissions just can't cut it in medium duty apps:

2011 Ford F-650/F-750 Work Trucks | View Photos, Features & Pricing | Ford.com

/ finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW! #26  
Ya know what Guys, this conversation has been going on many times before. Remember they are just trucks, some good some bad and if you wait long enough they will be both. So just so you know where I stand on this chevy vs ford vs dodge issue,--------------- The politicians in my state are worst then yours!!!!!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing::thumbsup:
DevilDog

/ finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW! #27  
Mine is bigger than yours, nah nah nah nah nah:ashamed:

/ finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW! #28  
My dad will beat up your dad!

/ finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW! #29  
Try coffee.
DMace brings up a great point, you'd think this would be Ford's chance to finally boot Cummins & Allison with these new alleged HD Ford engines & transmissions.

Remind me again. What engine/transmission combo does GM offer in their medium duty?

/ finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW! #30  
Remind me again. What engine/transmission combo does GM offer in their medium duty?

Heck even the 650/750 chassis is made by IH....in mexico..... :ashamed:.
The only thing Ford makes is the cab, and after owning one of them, believe me, it ain't nothing to brag about. :laughing:
Maybe someday ford will build something beyond light duty, or something the military might use.

Cummins & Allison Duffster. Not Scorpion & Torqshift.

Status
Not open for further replies.