finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW! #1  

RollingsFarms

Veteran Member
Tractor
Few John Deere's and one Ford 3600 diesel.
I stopped by my local Ford dealership yesterday to redeem my free steak dinner due to my "key code" saying I had won in a flyer I recently recieved in the mail. Basically nothing more then to generate traffic into the dealership, I wanted my free steak dinner nonetheless.
While I was there and had a salesman all over me I figured what the heck and told him let me test drive a new F-250 with the 6.7 if you have one. What he had was a SRW F-350, CC, 4x4 with the 6.7 Lariat package. Suited me just fine, so I told him go get the keys and lets take her for a spin. Now these test drives are mostly on the smoothest of paved roads you can find, a short trip around the block pretty much. I told him we weren't just going around the block, if I was going to be interested in it I wanted to drive it on the most uneven paved road I could find.
When I first got in the truck I was amazed how comfortable the seats were, how big this truck was, the ammount of room inside the cab. While it felt big, it didn't feel overwhelmigly large, but did provide all the room one could ever need. I cranked her up and immediatley noticed the quitness of the 6.7 diesel. We started the test drive and as I left the parking lot I wanted to see the get up and go this thing had.......WOW!:drool: the difference between that and my 5.3 in my '04 Z71 can't even be put into words. the transmission did seem to shift a little hard, but it wasn't anything that would get on your nerves, it was kind of surprising though. the real shocker is how smooth this baby rode! 10 times smoother then my 1/2 ton Z71 extended cab! who says 3/4 ton or 1 ton trucks ride rough? if they think that this truck would make you think you were riding in a Cadilac. another thing that stood out is how much more advanced the power steering is in this truck then on my 04 Z71. this truck didn't drive like a big truck AT ALL. it was SUPER easy to turn and get around town in. i have to admit i was blown away. when we returned from the test drive I figured shoot, get him to work up a number just to see. Well this is where my liking this truck went south because he only knocked off $4,500 off the $55k sticker and offered me $12,000 for my trade-in when I know i could do alot better. It also didn't help that the finance manager insulted me by questioning if I could afford a $55k truck and that maybe I wanted to take a look at an F-150. They lost whatever chance of business with me, albeit slim to begin with as I've never liked this dealer in the past. No fault of the truck though, that thing sold me, it was the salesman and finance manager that left a bad taste in my mouth.
I just wanted to write and say that if you are in the market for a new diesel or an F-250/350 go drive one! it will put a smile on your face and give you that wow factor!

/ finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW! #2  
Now you see why my decision about whether to get a new GMC Denali has (had) proven so difficult. I need one like a hole in the head, but it drives great too (I did not buy, just test drive). I am sure the Dodge does too, and so on and so forth. I think personally all these trucks are overpriced but man they sure are nice to drive and much more livable than they used to be for even daily commuting.

John M

/ finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW! #3  
RollingsFarms said:
I stopped by my local Ford dealership yesterday to redeem my free steak dinner due to my "key code" saying I had won in a flyer I recently recieved in the mail. Basically nothing more then to generate traffic into the dealership, I wanted my free steak dinner nonetheless.
While I was there and had a salesman all over me I figured what the heck and told him let me test drive a new F-250 with the 6.7 if you have one. What he had was a SRW F-350, CC, 4x4 with the 6.7 Lariat package. Suited me just fine, so I told him go get the keys and lets take her for a spin. Now these test drives are mostly on the smoothest of paved roads you can find, a short trip around the block pretty much. I told him we weren't just going around the block, if I was going to be interested in it I wanted to drive it on the most uneven paved road I could find.
When I first got in the truck I was amazed how comfortable the seats were, how big this truck was, the ammount of room inside the cab. While it felt big, it didn't feel overwhelmigly large, but did provide all the room one could ever need. I cranked her up and immediatley noticed the quitness of the 6.7 diesel. We started the test drive and as I left the parking lot I wanted to see the get up and go this thing had.......WOW!:drool: the difference between that and my 5.3 in my '04 Z71 can't even be put into words. the transmission did seem to shift a little hard, but it wasn't anything that would get on your nerves, it was kind of surprising though. the real shocker is how smooth this baby rode! 10 times smoother then my 1/2 ton Z71 extended cab! who says 3/4 ton or 1 ton trucks ride rough? if they think that this truck would make you think you were riding in a Cadilac. another thing that stood out is how much more advanced the power steering is in this truck then on my 04 Z71. this truck didn't drive like a big truck AT ALL. it was SUPER easy to turn and get around town in. i have to admit i was blown away. when we returned from the test drive I figured shoot, get him to work up a number just to see. Well this is where my liking this truck went south because he only knocked off $4,500 off the $55k sticker and offered me $12,000 for my trade-in when I know i could do alot better. It also didn't help that the finance manager insulted me by questioning if I could afford a $55k truck and that maybe I wanted to take a look at an F-150. They lost whatever chance of business with me, albeit slim to begin with as I've never liked this dealer in the past. No fault of the truck though, that thing sold me, it was the salesman and finance manager that left a bad taste in my mouth.
I just wanted to write and say that if you are in the market for a new diesel or an F-250/350 go drive one! it will put a smile on your face and give you that wow factor!

I got rid of my 06 F250 4x4 in December. I traded it for a 2011 z71. I'm sorry, but the ford ride was bad and had bad steering wobble. From what could gather this is normal for a solid front axle. My chevy rides great. Did not have a need for the big diesel anymore. I hear ford may be putting cummins in their trucks in the near future. Man that would be sweet. Still won't but one though with their obnoxious prices.

/ finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW! #4  
I hear ford may be putting cummins in their trucks in the near future.
Sir, that rumor has been talked about now for 10 or more years:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
Dodge better hope that doesn't happen,no one will ever by a Dodge:laughing::laughing:

/ finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW! #5  
RollingsFarms

Sounds like it's gonna be a good seller from your positive experiance.
Price is a shocker to me, but I have not priced new trucks in awhile, so maybe in line with the other big 2?

JB.

/ finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW! #6  
Sir, that rumor has been talked about now for 10 or more years:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
Dodge better hope that doesn't happen,no one will ever by a Dodge:laughing::laughing:

I would like to put a Ford on my Cummins, so yeah, you may be right :)

Eventualy Ford is gonna come up with a diesel power plant that is good enough that people will stop saying that Ford is gonna get cummins power.
Maybe this new 6.7 will put an end to the rumors.

JB.

/ finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW! #7  
I got rid of my 06 F250 4x4 in December. I traded it for a 2011 z71. I'm sorry, but the ford ride was bad and had bad steering wobble.

I agree about the wobble but for me it saved me about 20K. I took a test ride of a used year old 4x4 F250 35K miles with wobble and a 12K utility Box with a sturdy headache rack. All in al the truck was worth around 40K plus I paid 16K.

I got it home took it straight to the off road shop and they installed dual steering stabilizers and she rides arrow straight at any speed. That was three years ago and she is still a sweet heart and takes all the abuse I can throw at her.

I never had a utility box and I can say this, it is a life saver having almost every tool I own on board, so every time I need something I know it's with me.

/ finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW! #8  
I hear ford may be putting cummins in their trucks in the near future/QUOTE]

Think they have been doing that for years.:thumbsup:

/ finally got to test drive a new F-350 SRW....WOW! #9  
Status
Not open for further replies.