Transmission Flush

/ Transmission Flush #101  
brokenot the next time you want to make a dishonest post make sure it is not about one of my posts.

Others may not care but your abusive postings on most any subject can get old in my view after a while.

/ Transmission Flush #102  
I have noticed a big difference since I serviced it. It was holding gears a little long and slow to downshift. Now, it performs much better. All I ever did before was get it flushed. This is the first time I dropped the pan and changed the filter. The filter I removed was very dirty, probably causing the poor performance.

This is what i was trying to say earlyer, if the filter dont get changed, then the pump starts to starve for fluild, like deerefan said he changed the filter and noticed better performance. And dont forget to clean the magnets.

/ Transmission Flush #103  
What was I dishonest or abusive about? You've been touting the advantages of flushing all along. Another forum member posts up that he used to only do the flushing, and that this time he dropped the pan....and he had better results because of it.

You followed up his post by saying this:

Glad to hear it is shifting better. New ATF seems to always make them shift better

Now to someone being completely objective, the other person's post clearly indicated that when he did the flushing procedure his results were less favorable. During the flushing procedure his fluid got changed. So it wasn't just "new ATF" this last time that resulted in his transmission working better. He serviced it as recommended and had better results.

You could have simply acknowledged that, but instead you pointed out the "new fluid" angle....and thusly completely ignored what he said. When he flushed it previously, did it not get "new ATF" then?

Don't regard posts pointing out your inconsistencies and misconceptions as abusive or dishonest. Instead choose to back away a bit when it's pointed out to you, rather than resulting to tactics like this. Did I do a little ribbing? Yes I did. What was "abusive" or "dishonest"? Your tactic of turning his post around to suit your position on this issue is a bit dishonest in my opinion.

Read his post again, and try to do so objectively.

;)

Oh, and after thinking this one over, search out and identify for me any other allegedly abusive posts I've made on this forum. I think you'll find it challenging...but maybe not. It seems that you may find accuracy upsetting for some reason.

If you don't want to do it here, by all means send me a PM. I'm really curious.

/ Transmission Flush #104  
This is what i was trying to say earlyer, if the filter dont get changed, then the pump starts to starve for fluild, like deerefan said he changed the filter and noticed better performance. And dont forget to clean the magnets.

Magnets? I don't recall seeing any. Where would they be located? I dropped the pan, cleaned it with starting fluid and paper towels, making sure to not leave any residue behind, reassembled and topped off with 5 qts of castrol high mileage mercon atf. Brokenot seemed very passionate about this issue and i figured I would give it a shot. I will say the trans is performing better. Remember, all i ever did was flush. I dropped the pan for the first time and can honestly feel a difference. I am willing to bet the filter change was the trick. Before the service, it held gears longer and was a sluggish performer. Very crisp and smooth now. This trans has about 180k miles, never rebuilt.

/ Transmission Flush #105  
Magnets? I don't recall seeing any. Where would they be located? I dropped the pan, cleaned it with starting fluid and paper towels, making sure to not leave any residue behind, reassembled and topped off with 5 qts of castrol high mileage mercon atf. Brokenot seemed very passionate about this issue and i figured I would give it a shot. I will say the trans is performing better. Remember, all i ever did was flush. I dropped the pan for the first time and can honestly feel a difference. I am willing to bet the filter change was the trick. Before the service, it held gears longer and was a sluggish performer. Very crisp and smooth now. This trans has about 180k miles, never rebuilt.

On the last chevy 1/2 ton i had, it had a magnet strip at the bottom of the pan, almost like a refregirator magnet, and it had quite a bit of fine metal particals on it the first time i changed the filter and fluid, the next time wasnt near as bad, On my 08 Dodge 3500, it says change at 60,000 miles, I will look into that some more, that sounds like alot of miles on the first change.

/ Transmission Flush #106  
On the Fords I have done they had a round magnet about the size of a small doughnut in the pan.

Chris

/ Transmission Flush #107  
brokenot while you are willing to post dishonest info has to the mind set of another you seemed to be confused in general. I have never and never plan to have a transmission flushed. :thumbsup:

Okay folks I know I just fed the troll.:D

/ Transmission Flush #108  
On the Fords I have done they had a round magnet about the size of a small doughnut in the pan.

Chris

There was no magnet in my pan. It was a 97 F150 4x4, 4R70W transmission. At least I don't recall seeing it. I cleaned the pan thoroughly before reattaching.

/ Transmission Flush #109  
There was no magnet in my pan. It was a 97 F150 4x4, 4R70W transmission. At least I don't recall seeing it. I cleaned the pan thoroughly before reattaching.

Not sure on that one? Are you the original owner? If not, maybe someone removed it and thats why you had so much crap in the filter?

I have dropped the pan on better than 20 trannys in my time. By no means a expert but all has some sort of magnet. Even on my Dodge tranny that I took the pan off on at about 35,000 miles when the tranny was trashed the filter was very clean. Last one I dropped was in Dec on my BIL's 2006 F-150 with about 120,000 miles and the filter was clean but I replaced it anyway while I was there. Filled pan back up after, removed the hose from the tranny cooler, then bucket flushed about 12 qts though it.

Chris

/ Transmission Flush #110  
Not sure on that one? Are you the original owner? If not, maybe someone removed it and thats why you had so much crap in the filter?

I have dropped the pan on better than 20 trannys in my time. By no means a expert but all has some sort of magnet. Even on my Dodge tranny that I took the pan off on at about 35,000 miles when the tranny was trashed the filter was very clean. Last one I dropped was in Dec on my BIL's 2006 F-150 with about 120,000 miles and the filter was clean but I replaced it anyway while I was there. Filled pan back up after, removed the hose from the tranny cooler, then bucket flushed about 12 qts though it.

Chris

Yep, original owner. Pan has never been off the transmission as all services were flush only and I watched each service (5 total) before I removed the pan and did a service.