Can Anyone Beat This?

/ Can Anyone Beat This? #1  

Iowachild

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320HST
Sorry, I did not have time to snap a photo, but today I saw a pick-up towing a trailer with a mid size car on the trailer, and the only visible means of securement was a 2" strap running through the windows of the car!:shocked:

/ Can Anyone Beat This? #2  
Whats the problem with that?:laughing: I am sure he set the parking brake and put it in park also.

Chris

/ Can Anyone Beat This? #3  
Actually I might be able to at least tie that one. Last week a saw a car on a trailer with a winch cable up over the trunk, roof, hood and then back to the trailer frame. It appears as if they may have pulled it a little to tight as the hood and trunk were a little more flat than intended.

Probably car going for junk but still, very interesting tie down approach and no fail safe if the winch malfunctioned. :shocked:

/ Can Anyone Beat This? #4  
Sorry, I did not have time to snap a photo, but today I saw a pick-up towing a trailer with a mid size car on the trailer, and the only visible means of securement was a 2" strap running through the windows of the car!:shocked:

I was going slower than the speed limit :laughing:

/ Can Anyone Beat This? #5  
I do not have the picture anymore but my neighbor takes 5 week vacation each year and pulls his 5th wheel between 6,000 and 10,000 miles. He always finds something interesting to snap a shot of at a truck stop or RV park.

He had a picture of a $350,000 diesel pusher pulling a beautiful $5,000 Feather Lite Aluminum Car Hauler with a brand new $75,000 Porsche. It was held to the trailer with 4 1" orange $10 per pack WalMart ratchet straps. What made it even worse was the straps were hooked to the D-rings on the trailer then just the hook was attached to each of the 4 wheels on one of the maybe 6 spokes of the aluminum wheels. So basically if the car shifted any the straps would slacken.

Killed me that the guy had nearly 1/2 million dollar rig with $10 worth of straps holding everything together.

Chris

/ Can Anyone Beat This? #6  

I got that beat!!! With PICS!

ps:
Details are in this thread over on ARFCOM:
Awesome Pickup truck load Pic **4/21 more detailed pics** - AR15.COM

Wrooster

truck-car4.jpg

truck-car3.jpg

truck-car1.jpg

clip_image005.jpg

clip_image001.jpg

awesome-randoms-17.jpg

/ Can Anyone Beat This?
Yep, that definitely tops what I saw!:thumbsup:

/ Can Anyone Beat This? #8  
Around here we say that guy is Get-R-Done!

Chris

/ Can Anyone Beat This? #9  
The pic with the $20 come-a-long hooked to the driver side bed rail is my favorite. The other end was properly secured on to the steering wheel.

I just wish my brother would of smiled for that pic of him in the passenger seat.:laughing:

/ Can Anyone Beat This? #10  
Don't think I could top it but the other day I saw a Semi from Home Depot with a brand new riding mower on it and a granite counter top, looks like they were going to deliver it to a customer. They used one of those 4" straps that are mounted to the side of the flat bed to hold the tractor down. They ran it right in front of the seat (where your leg passes through) and tightened the heck out of it. As they drove by you could see that they actually bent the frame.