What do you carry in your toolbox???

/ What do you carry in your toolbox??? #1  

JD5000

Tractor
Johndeere 990
Exactly what the title says, what do you guys carry in your toolboxes in your truck beds?

/ What do you carry in your toolbox??? #2  
Ratchet set along with other basic hand tools, extra fluids for the truck, chains, binders, tow strap, ratchet straps, skil saw, extension cords, drop light, jumper cables, bottle jack and some extra "roadside emergency truck parts" I have acquired over the years.

Last edited:
   / What do you carry in your toolbox??? #3  
Never had a box in the bed of the more than dozen trucks I have owned but do have one mounted on my trailer. It has straps, 2 Jack stands, chains, binders, straps, extra light bulbs, zip ties, bungee cords, one extra set of bearings wit a seal races pre packed with a tub of grease, ect.

In all my trucks I carry a 12 volt compressor, tire plug kit, 12*12 cheap blue tarp, $30 Wal-Mart tool set, 12 ton bottle Jack, few pieces of cribbing, bungee cords, ratchet straps, gloves,flash light, and a folding 4 way lug wrench.

In the truck I also carry a full bearing set do my boat.

Chris

/ What do you carry in your toolbox??? #4  
Nothing cause I drive Fords:)

/ What do you carry in your toolbox??? #6  
I'm a crank window, manual adjust side view mirror kind of guy :)

/ What do you carry in your toolbox??? #7  
In my 4wd truck with a front winch my tool box includes extra recovery equipment including snatch blocks 3 7/8" D rings, tree saver, 2 straps. Hi-lift jack, various chain chunks etc Plus every fluid on the truck (gear oil, water, engine oil)

I have a mobile set of tools in a canvas bag that is complete. (most would call it a full home shop set) that tool bag goes with me in what ever vehicle im driveing. it also includes a tire plug kit as well as misc wireing tools.

In the box on my equipment trailer i carry a bottle jack, fold up 4 way, blocking, chains, binders, wd40, duct tape. usually a few misc tools like a ball peen hammer, channel locks, pry bar.

Every one of my vehicles (cars, trucks, vans etc) has at a minimum its own roll of duct tape, flash light, fire extinguisher, jumper cables, tow strap with hooks, (the truck and van get loop ends the cars get hook ends) and first aid kit of some sort (the kit size varries), at least one pair of jersey gloves, and usually a couple pair of latex type gloves (these are separate from any the first aid kit may contain). going into winter season each vehicle will get its winter E-bag checked out (containing a blanket, hand warmers, glow sticks, second flashlight, FRS radio with batteries (not installed) etc)

some carry more than others but the above list is a min of what each has. (for instance my van has a triangle kit, my truck has road flares)

/ What do you carry in your toolbox??? #8  
"Just curious, on your Ford do you have the heated tailgate option?"
Nelson

I'm a crank window, manual adjust side view mirror kind of guy :)

But how do you keep your hands warm when you're pushing it in the winter?

/ What do you carry in your toolbox??? #9  
Nice Nelson, very nice....I guess I would say my favorite tool is a tie. My Sears wrenches or my SOG belt knife.

/ What do you carry in your toolbox??? #10  
No tool box here either..I generally carry jumper cables, a recovery strap, a set of ratchet tie-downs and various pairs of gloves. I never need any of them except for the occasional jump start of a car at work every so often and hauling big stuff from the Home Despot.

Used to carry a 12v compressor, but kinda forgot to put it in the new truck...Note to self.:eek: