Vehicle registration fees--RIPOFF

/ Vehicle registration fees--RIPOFF #51  
I used it as a puller for the fifth wheel we had, and since Idaho doesn't include RVs in the weight you just register it for the weight of the truck. If I was pulling a gooseneck or stock trailer it would have to be registered for the weight of both the truck and trailer. But in reality as long as the weight doesn't go over what you register it for you're good.

/ Vehicle registration fees--RIPOFF #52  
Be careful what you wish for! It would actually be very easy to track your miles with a vehicle GPS unit (it can be done also with a GPS equiped cell phone). Not only total miles but where and when the vehicle was driven. I don't think we want our government keeping that close a watch on us- at least I don't. Cops are already using cell phone data to track folks under investigation.

PH

Some wizard at Oregon DOT wanted to implement this on new cars with terminals collecting info at the pump. They would only collect taxes for miles driven in the state. My reasoning goes one step farther in that every time I go down are private driveway or logging roads that the gas tax also needs to stop being collected because the state is not maintaining my driveway or the logging roads. Also my chainsaw and lawnmower should npt have to pay road tax either.

David kb7uns