Gold Member
    Tractor
    NH T1510 Hydro

Default Anyone own an Appalachian trailer?

Been looking to upgrade my trailer, and came across the Appalachian trailer website. Looking for a light deck over. Their prices are cheap.......For a reason? Even made me consider a goose neck??? Any one own one care to comment? Thank you.

Tractor
    LS XR3037HC

Default Re: Anyone own an Appalachian trailer?

I owned an Appalachian 20' 12K goose neck for a few years. I put a 9K winch on it. Never had any problems but I only hauled light equipment and vehicles under 10K. I bought it used for about 2K and thought it was a decent trailer.

I sold it because the goose neck was a deck over trailer (the deck sits about 3' high) and many times I had problems loading low ground clearance vehicles. Longer ramps would have helped but I didn't want to buy or build them.

I bought a 20' tilt bed trailer (the deck is only 20" above ground and the whole deck tilts) which works much better for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -100_0505-copy-640x480-jpg   -100_0507-copy-640x480-jpg  

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Never had one but have not heard anything bad about them.

Just make sure you can live with a Deck Over and a GN. I had both because I thought they were cool and a GN was Big truck Stuff. I hated it pretty much as soon as I got it. Too high of a deck for my liking and the main thing was I hated not having the bed of my truck.

Think it out first. Not saying a GN or deck over is a bad thing but I am much happier with my Bumper pull low boy now.

Chris

Gold Member
    Tractor
    NH T1510 Hydro

I know what you mean. I have a fiberglass cap on the back, and it sure comes in handy to secure things out of the rain, and others' eyes. Do you have a deckover?

Tractor
    IH584

I own a 2007 Appalachian 7x14 GN Dumper. Trailers are built well. The welds are good and frame is strong. I have hauled many heavy loads of wood and gravel. I am happy.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    NH T1510 Hydro

Quote Originally Posted by George2615 View Post
    I owned an Appalachian 20' 12K goose neck for a few years. I put a 9K winch on it. Never had any problems but I only hauled light equipment and vehicles under 10K. I bought it used for about 2K and thought it was a decent trailer.

I sold it because the goose neck was a deck over trailer (the deck sits about 3' high) and many times I had problems loading low ground clearance vehicles. Longer ramps would have helped but I didn't want to buy or build them.

I bought a 20' tilt bed trailer (the deck is only 20" above ground and the whole deck tilts) which works much better for me.
    I had a deckover built for me. Beautiful trailer, but I share your feelings about low clearance vehicles.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    NH T1510 Hydro

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondpilot View Post

Just make sure you can live with a Deck Over and a GN. I had both because I thought they were cool and a GN was Big truck Stuff. I hated it pretty much as soon as I got it. Too high of a deck for my liking and the main thing was I hated not having the bed of my truck.

Think it out first. Not saying a GN or deck over is a bad thing but I am much happier with my Bumper pull low boy now.

Chris
    That's it in a nutshell.................

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    kubota 7040sud

my cousin own a 7k 18 foot the only problem is the cheesey fenders i have 10k maxxium 20 bumper pull made by cam line

Gold Member
    Tractor
    NH T1510 Hydro

Quote Originally Posted by case245 View Post
    my cousin own a 7k 18 foot the only problem is the cheesey fenders i have 10k maxxium 20 bumper pull made by cam line
    What legnth is your deck? Do you know the empty weight?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK50 HST

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondpilot View Post

Chris
    I could not agree more, I borrowed a deck over gooseneck and did not like the height at all. I sold my drop goosneck and the first corner I remembered why. If I was hauling above 14,000 I would stick with the gooseneck but for me I will take the drop tag trailer everytime now. I am also looking for a 22' trailer now just for the added flexability. CJ
    Kioti DK50HST Cab
    401 FEL
    Saws, 338xp,346xp mod,372xp mod, 390xp, Stihl combi 130 trimmer.