Anyone own an Appalachian trailer?

/ Anyone own an Appalachian trailer? #1  

wny770

Gold Member
Tractor
Lots of old iron
Been looking to upgrade my trailer, and came across the Appalachian trailer website. Looking for a light deck over. Their prices are cheap.......For a reason? Even made me consider a goose neck??? Any one own one care to comment? Thank you.

/ Anyone own an Appalachian trailer? #2  
I owned an Appalachian 20' 12K goose neck for a few years. I put a 9K winch on it. Never had any problems but I only hauled light equipment and vehicles under 10K. I bought it used for about 2K and thought it was a decent trailer.

I sold it because the goose neck was a deck over trailer (the deck sits about 3' high) and many times I had problems loading low ground clearance vehicles. Longer ramps would have helped but I didn't want to buy or build them.

I bought a 20' tilt bed trailer (the deck is only 20" above ground and the whole deck tilts) which works much better for me.

Attachments

• 100_0505 - Copy [640x480].JPG
    100_0505 - Copy [640x480].JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 784
  • 100_0507 - Copy [640x480].JPG
    100_0507 - Copy [640x480].JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 658
   / Anyone own an Appalachian trailer? #3  
Never had one but have not heard anything bad about them.

Just make sure you can live with a Deck Over and a GN. I had both because I thought they were cool and a GN was Big Truck Stuff. I hated it pretty much as soon as I got it. Too high of a deck for my liking and the main thing was I hated not having the bed of my truck.

Think it out first. Not saying a GN or deck over is a bad thing but I am much happier with my Bumper pull low boy now.

Chris

/ Anyone own an Appalachian trailer?
I know what you mean. I have a fiberglass cap on the back, and it sure comes in handy to secure things out of the rain, and others' eyes. Do you have a deckover?

/ Anyone own an Appalachian trailer? #5  
I own a 2007 Appalachian 7x14 GN Dumper. Trailers are built well. The welds are good and frame is strong. I have hauled many heavy loads of wood and gravel. I am happy.

I owned an Appalachian 20' 12K goose neck for a few years. I put a 9K winch on it. Never had any problems but I only hauled light equipment and vehicles under 10K. I bought it used for about 2K and thought it was a decent trailer.

I sold it because the goose neck was a deck over trailer (the deck sits about 3' high) and many times I had problems loading low ground clearance vehicles. Longer ramps would have helped but I didn't want to buy or build them.

I bought a 20' tilt bed trailer (the deck is only 20" above ground and the whole deck tilts) which works much better for me.

I had a deckover built for me. Beautiful trailer, but I share your feelings about low clearance vehicles.

Just make sure you can live with a Deck Over and a GN. I had both because I thought they were cool and a GN was Big Truck Stuff. I hated it pretty much as soon as I got it. Too high of a deck for my liking and the main thing was I hated not having the bed of my truck.

Think it out first. Not saying a GN or deck over is a bad thing but I am much happier with my Bumper pull low boy now.

Chris

That's it in a nutshell.................

/ Anyone own an Appalachian trailer? #8  
my cousin own a 7k 18 foot the only problem is the cheesey fenders i have 10k maxxium 20 bumper pull made by cam line

my cousin own a 7k 18 foot the only problem is the cheesey fenders i have 10k maxxium 20 bumper pull made by cam line

What legnth is your deck? Do you know the empty weight?

/ Anyone own an Appalachian trailer? #10  

Chris

I could not agree more, I borrowed a deck over gooseneck and did not like the height at all. I sold my drop goosneck and the first corner I remembered why. If I was hauling above 14,000 I would stick with the gooseneck but for me I will take the drop tag trailer everytime now. I am also looking for a 22' trailer now just for the added flexability. CJ