Buying Equip. Trailer in PA. ..??

/ Buying Equip. Trailer in PA. ..?? #1  

RayBee

Gold Member
Tractor
B2710 HST,TLB R4's
I've been surfing the web, visiting local dealers, sending for trailer brochures, talking to people who own trailers and it has become apparently clear that most of the trailers that are available to me in New England are manufactured west and south of here.
A quick check of pricing also seems to indicate that once these products arrive in the NE that the price is adjusted for the max. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Interestingly there are lots of trailer builders in Pennsylvania, from what info. I gather on the web. I make many trips to the Harrisburg area , yearly and would like to visit some dealers in PA. but am not familiar with any of them. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Does anyone have any favorable experience with any dealers in PA? I'm looking for an 18ft (10k GVWR) with PT wood deck, ramps etc. Any feedback would be welcome. ...RayBee /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Buying Equip. Trailer in PA. ..?? #2  
I've been searching myself for quite a while. I ended up going to Trailers of New England, which is in Palmer MA and ordered a Bri-Mar, 18 ft 12,000 GVW. For all the running around and trying to save, I found I could only save less than a hundred dollars. I went with these people as they have impeccable reccommendations from the many I talked to. It should be here next Thursday.

/ Buying Equip. Trailer in PA. ..?? #3  
Coventry Motors Marine on Route 100 south of Pottstown, PA 610-326-1391. I don't know if they have what you are looking for but they do carry a pretty good selection of utility trailers. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Buying Equip. Trailer in PA. ..?? #4  
Raybee, check these folks out: www.worthingtontrailers.com
I have one of their smaller aluminum units that I purchased at Leisure Equipment in Parkerford PA. They are well made and they will custom make about anything you want. I called the factory a couple of times with some questions and they were great to deal with. No worries about rust with the aluminum. I am very satisfied with my purchase.

/ Buying Equip. Trailer in PA. ..?? #5  
As far a dealers, you may want to contact:
ALL-PRO PRODUCTS
6250 Carlisle Pike
Mechanicsubrg, PA (717) 795-9116)

There are about 12 car shows in Carlisle each year and that may be another opportunity for trailers. Schedule @ http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ (The big event is Summer Carlisle)

Please eMail me if you have other questions.

/ Buying Equip. Trailer in PA. ..?? #6  
Hi, I just purchased an 18ft, 12000# trailer with brakes on both axels and fold up ramps for $2100 in western Pa near Monroeville. These trailers are made in Tennessee. If you ever make it this far over in Pa let me know and I can give you the number for the sales office.

/ Buying Equip. Trailer in PA. ..??
Many Thanks, Guys
Keep them coming, I,m busily chasing down all leads towards that illusive combo of price & quality. ...RayBee /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Here's a couple I found last week. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Attachments

• 245936-Hudson.jpg
    245936-Hudson.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 231
The price was right...but no fenders, otherwise, I'd own it now. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ...RayBee

( it's a 4-1/2 ton )

Attachments

• 245943-pricehudson.jpg
    245943-pricehudson.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 198
If anyone is interested in the previously mentioned trailers, the photo of the dealer's sign is included. (Goldsboro, NC .. 20 min east of I-95) not exacly PA, but where I was last week.
/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif ..RayBee

Attachments

• 245945-dealersign.jpeg.jpg
    245945-dealersign.jpeg.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 196
   / Buying Equip. Trailer in PA. ..?? #10  
I noticed in your picture that neither trailer had fenders. Don't know if you checked this out but some trailers have removeable fenders. If so, they could be removed as to be kept from "walking away on their own." Also, fenders really aren't that expensive. It's also illegal to run trailers in my state without fenders. Just a thought.

Mike