Help with buying Toyota Tundra or Tacoma?

/ Help with buying Toyota Tundra or Tacoma? #11  
Being an American Citizen and being a Vet, I'd get neither. I'd buy an American product from an American automaker that employs American Citizens as employees, not 'Associates' like Toyota calls them in their domestic plants that are just a front for the flow of revenue back to Japan.

Having said that, I'd buy a new Ford F150 with the Eco-Boost V6 because Mullaly never drank from the government trough like GM and Fiat did.

No, I'm not a UAW member or work for any auto company, I'm just a patriotic citizen and I support American companies.

I truely wish that applied to tractors. I'd be running American Iron if it did.

/ Help with buying Toyota Tundra or Tacoma? #12  
I would get the Tundra and the 5.7. I know a few boaters that have the 4.6 and it leaves a lot to be desired.

Now if you want a great truck that gets great MPG look at the new F-150 with the Twin Turbo V-6. My dad got one in May. Its loaded, 4x4, Crew Cab, 11,300# tow rating, 3.73 gears, ect. He has averaged 18 mpg so far.

Chris
Ya, thats the only way you can get that 3.5(loaded). You can't get it in an XL or an XLT;you got to buy the company, a Lariat or King Ranch. No thanks, I don't want to spend $40,000 for a V-6 truck ;) Oh, and I average 17+ MPG in non-interstate driving with My '07 Tundra;just sayin

/ Help with buying Toyota Tundra or Tacoma? #13  
Ya, thats the only way you can get that 3.5(loaded). You can't get it in an XL or an XLT;you got to buy the company, a Lariat or King Ranch. No thanks, I don't want to spend $40,000 for a V-6 truck ;) Oh, and I average 17+ MPG in non-interstate driving with My '07 Tundra;just sayin

You prefer you money is going offshore I take it....just sayin.:)

/ Help with buying Toyota Tundra or Tacoma? #14  
Go for a Tundra with the 4.6L V8 instead of the 5.7L. It is a strong engine that will deliver similar if not better mileage than the V6 Tacoma and provide more power and still be able to tow with a decent rating. I've seen some reasonably priced 4.6's on dealer lots.

Here here! :thumbsup:

/ Help with buying Toyota Tundra or Tacoma? #15  
Being an American Citizen and being a Vet, I'd get neither. I'd buy an American product from an American automaker that employs American Citizens as employees, not 'Associates' like Toyota calls them in their domestic plants that are just a front for the flow of revenue back to Japan.

Having said that, I'd buy a new Ford F150 with the Eco-Boost V6 because Mullaly never drank from the government trough like GM and Fiat did.

No, I'm not a UAW member or work for any auto company, I'm just a patriotic citizen and I support American companies.

My Titan was made in a huge plant just north of Jackson, MS by American employees (unless they get away with hiring illegals) that are paid in U.S. dollars, I'm sure most of which are spent in the U.S.

That's how I justified it being OK to buy a seemingly Japanese vehicle anyway.

Of course, those employees are prob using those dollars to buy lots of Chinese-made stuff at local stores ... just like you & me.

/ Help with buying Toyota Tundra or Tacoma? #16  

Where was your two Kubota tractors made Mr. Flag Waver? :laughing:

I think you are being a little indulgent regarding Toyota. They build many of their vehicles in the US using US employees that make excellent wages! In fact the Toyota Camry is the most American made vehicle there is! Toyota invests in American workers while much of the big 3 tries to ship their production to China and Mexico.

I'm all for American jobs and American companies. But there's nothing worse than American companies that close plants in the US and ship the jobs overseas. GM is an awful company and I'll never buy one of their vehicles.

/ Help with buying Toyota Tundra or Tacoma? #17  
Wow, that could be a thread all on its own :laughing:

Actually we get along pretty well. I really could not ask for a better guy to be part of my children's life. His family is good people. I dont have much good to say about my ex so I will leave that dog lay.:D

Really though, what are you going to do? She dated some real looser's after me and this guy was decent.

Chris

/ Help with buying Toyota Tundra or Tacoma? #18  

My dads is not a Lariat or King Ranch. Its a XLT with the FX4 package, leather, and the chrome package.

He ordered it that way.

As far as the 18 mpg goes, his truck has not seen one mile of highway to speek of. He does not venture more than 20 miles from home. I bet it would get in the low 20's to mid 20's on the highway. Maybe we will see, he is retiring Friday.

Chris

/ Help with buying Toyota Tundra or Tacoma? #19  
Where was your two Kubota tractors made Mr. Flag Waver? :laughing:

You obviously didn't bother to read any farther in the post than your polarized mind allowed you to.......

"I truely wish that applied to tractors. I'd be running American Iron if it did."

I think you are being a little indulgent regarding Toyota. They build many of their vehicles in the US using US employees that make excellent wages! In fact the Toyota Camry is the most American made vehicle there is! Toyota invests in American workers while much of the big 3 tries to ship their production to China and Mexico.

I won't disagree. It's due in part to the UAW's demand for unsustainable wages However, it's my perrogative to downtrod anyone knowing buying foreign when there are really viable domestic counterparts available.

I'm all for American jobs and American companies. But there's nothing worse than American companies that close plants in the US and ship the jobs overseas. GM is an awful company and I'll never buy one of their vehicles.

I'll agree with that about GM. We all still own a piece of Government Motors.

Both my tractors came in containers, delivered to the Georgia seaport and trucked to Kubota's assembly plant in where the bare tractor had it's domestically produced loader, rims and tires installed, the cabs bolted on and tested for defects.

Yes, I've considered a green tractor built in Moline but all are too large for my needs.

/ Help with buying Toyota Tundra or Tacoma? #20  
My Titan was made in a huge plant just north of Jackson, MS by American employees (unless they get away with hiring illegals) that are paid in U.S. dollars, I'm sure most of which are spent in the U.S.

That's how I justified it being OK to buy a seemingly Japanese vehicle anyway.

Of course, those employees are prob using those dollars to buy lots of Chinese-made stuff at local stores ... just like you & me.

Thats how I looked at my Titan also. At the time, 2008, the 5 trucks ranked like this for "American Made".

1. Tundra
2. F-150
3. Titan
4. GM/Chevy 1500
5. Ram 1500

Chris