Hand Picked Trucks, leon va

/ Hand Picked Trucks, leon va #11  
Nice looking truck. As far as gooseneck clearances go, you can spec out taller necks on some makes if you are buying new or maybe luck out and find a used one like that.

/ Hand Picked Trucks, leon va
Sooo...How did you make out? It is listed as "SOLD"...:D

Got it home. Rides real decent for a 3500. Still rough, but I've been in worse.

I was wrong about the lift. The front was lifted a tad, but that was it. I look like a 45 yr old man going thru a mid-life. My wife is a patient lady. She looked at it, and just shook her head.

I left leon, va at 5 pm and was in northern Maine by 930am. Slept about 3 hours on the way thru. BTW, the rear seats of these crew cabs fold down into a pretty decent bed. I tried to run about 74 most of the way. At first had a fair amount of traffic, and got to play with the dirtymax and allison. Actually put it thru its paces as much as I could empty. Trying to get something to goof up. darn impressive. After a couple of hours i settled in and rode. With a pencil and paper it got just a shade above 16mph. The whole trip was about 900 miles, so got a good chance to get a good avg. Screwed up and went across the GW bridge. That hurt the kidneys a bit, but it stayed straight and true. At least a much as you can thru that sh!thole.

Overall, happy and a little punchy right now. Now time to look for a good gooseneck. Actually, just get some shut eye.

/ Hand Picked Trucks, leon va #15  
Beautiful looking truck, I'm partial to red to begin with :)

That's a long way to go for a truck IMO. but then again if it's everything you wanted then a day is worth it.

How many miles on it?
I notice they don't list the miles on any of their stock?? just go one talking about how some diesels can go 800,000 miles and how great diesel engines are.

I guess if your looking for a super clean truck and are willing to pay a premium. then they could be a good source. seems like a good business model for a niche market.

They must start with a good clean truck and then put it thru some kind of super duper detail shop.

JB

Beautiful looking truck, I'm partial to red to begin with :)

That's a long way to go for a truck IMO. but then again if it's everything you wanted then a day is worth it.

How many miles on it?
I notice they don't list the miles on any of their stock?? just go one talking about how some diesels can go 800,000 miles and how great diesel engines are.

I guess if your looking for a super clean truck and are willing to pay a premium. then they could be a good source. seems like a good business model for a niche market.

They must start with a good clean truck and then put it thru some kind of super duper detail shop.

JB

It was a aways to go, but I started looking from va south because of corrosion issues up here. There's even a big difference between here and CT as far as corrosion. I've seen some pretty clean looking ct vehicles. What I'm looking at underneath. Brake lines, frame, inner fenders, etc.

It was a bit high on price, but time will tell on how everything goes. I used NADA book value, plus looked for comparable values for my region. The odometer readings were on one many pics of the vehicle.

/ Hand Picked Trucks, leon va #19  
It was a aways to go, but I started looking from va south because of corrosion issues up here. There's even a big difference between here and CT as far as corrosion. I've seen some pretty clean looking ct vehicles. What I'm looking at underneath. Brake lines, frame, inner fenders, etc.

It was a bit high on price, but time will tell on how everything goes. I used NADA book value, plus looked for comparable values for my region. The odometer readings were on one many pics of the vehicle.

Well I said "pay a premium" but really if it's the best out there, then it's not really a premium. Would you rather pay a few grand less and get just an average condition truck? Some might, but I'd rather get the best I could afford.

I truly believe in their qoute about how it's unwise to pay to much but worse to pay to little. Maybe not perfectly applicable to buying a very clean used truck, but in general business practice I agree 100%

I had a good hand picked truck for them, When I sold my 95 Dodge Ram 2500 with 12 valve Cummins it only had 60,000 miles on it (in 2007) and not a lick of rust. Only problem was it had a utility body on it, I fooled around looking for a red pick up bed to throw on it but couldn't find one. I knew I could of gotten much better money for it with a bed on it, may of even kept it myself. Sold that truck cheap :( Was just a plain Jane but I know people are looking for those.

JB

Attachments

• Capture truck.PNG
    Capture truck.PNG
    431 KB · Views: 113
  • P8229618.JPG
    P8229618.JPG
    411.4 KB · Views: 130
  • P8229624.JPG
    P8229624.JPG
    388.2 KB · Views: 107
   / Hand Picked Trucks, leon va #20  
I would like to know how those tires work out this winter. My BFG KO All Terrains are getting a bit worn. They will make the winter (since I don't use the truck often) but I would like to put something new on it next summer and the BFGs are very pricey, good but pricey.