cabover trucks vs conventional trucks

/ cabover trucks vs conventional trucks #11  
   / cabover trucks vs conventional trucks #12  
I've been keeping an eye out for a 15-18k gvwr truck for a while. Been looking mostly at f450-550's but was wondering if anyone had any of isuzu/mitsubishi style trucks. What do you think about them?

Advantages/disadvantages?

I sell Isuzu
If you have any particular questions, feel free to ask.

/ cabover trucks vs conventional trucks #13  
I was looking at the bigger ones, something like this with 18k gvw and a 26k combination weight.

2005 MITSUBISHI FUSO FE180 Medium Duty Trucks - Flatbed Truck For Sale At TruckPaper.com

They do seem to be lighter (ok, a lot lighter) on power, but I dont need a dragster truck. IMO, that's the main reason reliability has been so bad in the fords and chevy's the last several years.

...and I have a 6.0 gas in my pickup. I was hoping for more grunt than that.

Their engines aren't designed like the Fords or Chevys
Duramax is an Isuzu designed engine, though

They are straight 4 cylinder engines that will last much longer than the v-8s if maintained properly.
Isuzus latest engine design in the N-series is a 5.2L 4 cylinder engine...

/ cabover trucks vs conventional trucks
I have a isuzu diesel irrigation motor, no complaints with that in the last 15 years or so.

Which models of the isuzu have the highest gvwr? Really hoping for 17k or better, with 25k+ combination rating. 5-10 yrs old is the likely budget.

/ cabover trucks vs conventional trucks #15  
BTW: the NPR is the same as the GMC W4500. Here's a pretty good one on schmebay (except for the ripped seat cushion)

Chevrolet : Other Pickups | eBay

NPR is comparable to W3500
NPR HD is W4500

HR, you can get an FTR/FVR that is 25,950GVWR, but they are not currently in production any longer. They were assembled in Flint, MI at GM plant.

NRR is a 19,500GVWR and the largest of the smaller cab trucks

/ cabover trucks vs conventional trucks #16  
F-series also have either a 7.8L Duramax/Isuzu 6H (straight 6) or a CAT