2011 or 2012 F-250 ??

/ 2011 or 2012 F-250 ??
Why don't you keep that truck and buy an older used truck for the dump trailer? You could get a 3/4 ton, in good shape, about 10 years old for 8 to 10 thousand around here.

I've thought about that but I wouldn't want something that old. I'd go for a 2 or 3 year old truck in good shape and low miles, and I am looking along those lines.

I just spied yesterday a new, never titled, 09 Chevy C3500 with a dump body on it at a local dealer with a $32K price tag on the windshield. Haven't had time to stop and look it over yet but it might be worth considering. It would have the towing capacity I'm looking for plus the dump bed. Throw a snow plow on there and I'm all set. Then maybe I'd sell the dump trailer and get a low boy equipment trailer which would be a better choice for hauling equipment.

/ 2011 or 2012 F-250 ?? #22  
Not saying you haven't had problems. Odd that it's happened to that many. I don't do business with the dealer in Gladewater. I also don't have any reason to not trust the dealer I use, I've bought 21 new Fords from them since '76. If they ever gave me the runaround that would be the end of my business with them. I've also known some of the mechanics there since '76 and I ask their opinions and do trust their judgement. Their opinion is that the 6.7 is a good engine and I have no reason to doubt them. Maybe you need to give another dealership your business, Gladewater needed to stick with Buicks.

When it was D.R. Ford, we used them exclusively for our service trucks... The Gladewater dealership has been more proactive about dealing with Ford engineers about the repeated failures... Last time we had the regional Ford rep, and two engine engineers and one trans. engineer from Michigan.. They didnt appreciate the heat and humidity of E. Texas in August!!!.. I think we still use Kilgore for some P/Ms...

/ 2011 or 2012 F-250 ??
I've got a question on incentives maybe some of you can relate to.

Never having ordered a new vehicle before (though I have bought many new off the lot), I'm curious about how the incentives work if you are ordering a truck.

Doesn't matter what make I would think, but I'm looking at ordering a 2012 F-250.

If for the sake of discussion there are today and running till the end of the month a total of $3500 in incentives available, and I put a deposit down and sign the papers committing to purchase the truck they custom order for me, aren't those incentives now locked in to the price since I've ordered with the incentive period?

If it takes 6 weeks or more and I don't get to take delivery until after the incentive expires, are they still in affect?

If additional or new incentives are in affect at the time of delivery do they take precedence over those that were in force when I signed on the dotted line?

Seems to me if we reach an agreement on price and I make a down payment and sign the order that there are all the elements of a contract in force and both parties are bound to hold up their end. Meaning I'm on the hook to pay for the truck or lose my deposit and they are committed to the price agreed on at the time of the sale.

For the incentives to expire after you order the vehicle and no longer be in affect does not make sense to me.

That could also mean that I might miss out on additional incentives if new or better ones were in place on the day of delivery, but to me that is the chance I take when ordering exactly what I want in stead of "buying off the rack".

Your opinions and insight please.

And also, I looked at a 2011 F-350 that is just about loaded to the hilt except it doesn't have the in-dash nav system. The truck is a demo and had a list of ~$58K. It has just under the limit of 5K miles, after which they can't sell it as a demo I was told. The warranty would be the balance remaining, it would not start at 4999 or whatever the odo reads. it's got almost all the bells and whistles I want but its a crew cab where I would like a Super Cab, and its black and I would prefer almost anything other than black (or green or blue or red :) ). It's in prime condition, not a scratch inside or out. I got them down to ~49K with no trade. Seems high to me but I'd be interested in hearing what you all think.

/ 2011 or 2012 F-250 ?? #24  
I just bought a 2011 F350CC sticker was 59,*** got them down to 47,*** after all rebates

/ 2011 or 2012 F-250 ?? #25  
I ordered my truck on new years eve and picked it up around valentines day. For me the incentives were the same when it came in as when I ordered it. Not sure but I think they will tell u what ever incentives are in effect when it arrives is what u get. SPARC where you at in dirty jersey. I ordered my truck from fullerton ford on rt 22 in somerville, was real happy with them, salesman was not pushy at all and he was very knowledgeable with truck options and packages.

/ 2011 or 2012 F-250 ?? #26  
The incentives are intended to move stock off of lots because they have too much inventory.

If you order one built, your not moving inventory. Hence, you risk losing the incentive discounts.

/ 2011 or 2012 F-250 ??
Thanks for your input everyone. I don't want to wait 6 to 8 weeks for a truck, so maybe I will consider something off the lot. I'll have to give it some more thought over the remainder of this weekend. If I want o have a chance of getting the custom truck delivered before XMAS, I'll need to order in the next day or so I've been told.

/ 2011 or 2012 F-250 ?? #28  
I've never ordered a truck either. I shopped around for what I wanted and if they had it on another lot, I told my salesman and they would send someone to get it in a dealer trade. You should be able to get a better deal ordering a truck simply because the dealership won't have said truck tied up on a floor plan. Since they have no money tied up in the truck, they SHOULD make you a better deal on the truck then one they have on the lot that's been sitting. There's times where they'll have a truck on the lot that has been sitting awhile and they want to get rid of it, but keep in mind that the chances of it being exactly what you want are slim. I will say that I've seen very few super cab F-250's/f-350's sitting on lots around here that were anything but work trucks, gas, and 2wd. for the specialized typed of truck you're wanting, you might be better off ordering.

/ 2011 or 2012 F-250 ??
I've never ordered a truck either. I shopped around for what I wanted and if they had it on another lot, I told my salesman and they would send someone to get it in a dealer trade. You should be able to get a better deal ordering a truck simply because the dealership won't have said truck tied up on a floor plan. Since they have no money tied up in the truck, they SHOULD make you a better deal on the truck then one they have on the lot that's been sitting. There's times where they'll have a truck on the lot that has been sitting awhile and they want to get rid of it, but keep in mind that the chances of it being exactly what you want are slim. I will say that I've seen very few super cab F-250's/f-350's sitting on lots around here that were anything but work trucks, gas, and 2wd. for the specialized typed of truck you're wanting, you might be better off ordering.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I need to stick to what I want and not settle something I can have today. That 2011 F-350 sure is beautiful and tempting but ts got one too many negatives for me. Nothing wrong with it just not the list options and colors I want.

What bugs me is I will have no way I know of knowing if the order was placed tomorrow (if I ordered tomorrow) or a week later. A week later and I will not get delivery until after the new year which may cost me one or more incentive. Is there a way to know that the dealer has placed the order? I hear there is a 2 week shutdown over the Christmas and New Year holidays. So if my truck doesn't get shipped ebofre that I waiting even longer. :(

So even though I will make a cash deal with no trade I will put down the minimum money No use letting them play with my money for close to 3 months, I can do that myself. :D

/ 2011 or 2012 F-250 ?? #30  
I have ordered nearly a dozen vehicles in the last 15 years. Most of them Fords. I have always got the better of any deals. So if something better comes out between order time and delivery, I get the better if the two.

Chris.