Decent non-China trailer tires ?

/ Decent non-China trailer tires ?
Thnx for the vote Al, and the specifics Chris.

I should be able to track these Greenballs down here. The 401 is the busiest highway in Canada, and in some surveys, North America (truck density is pretty crazy), so likely somebody carries these not too far away from me. Lots of mining north of me.

For 5 tires, I'm also game for a roadtrip to Upstate NY.

Rgds, D.

Chris - any comments on Greenball's Towmaster vs. Transmaster radials ?

Rgds, D.

/ Decent non-China trailer tires ? #13  
Pardon my ignorance, but why was it every changed that you can't buy a light truck tire for a trailer?

Ever since this changed that no tire place will put a not "trailer" tire on a trailer rim, I have had to replace china made "crap" trailer tires. Heck we have a stock trailer that the tires are at least 20 years old and they just keep going...

/ Decent non-China trailer tires ? #14  
Pardon my ignorance, but why was it every changed that you can't buy a light truck tire for a trailer?

Ever since this changed that no tire place will put a not "trailer" tire on a trailer rim, I have had to replace china made "crap" trailer tires. Heck we have a stock trailer that the tires are at least 20 years old and they just keep going...
I'd like to know about this too. Aren't some new trailers offered with radial truck tires from the factory? The Kaufman web site shows Uniroyal Laredo HDH and Firestone Transforce available.
Maybe it's with the smaller diameter 13" or 14" that you need the trailer tire to get the Load Range necessary.

/ Decent non-China trailer tires ? #15  
Chris - any comments on Greenball's Towmaster vs. Transmaster radials ?

Rgds, D.

I have never used the Transmasters but have had well over 20 sets of 4 of the Towmasters and never a single issue. These are on the very same trailers that I could not keep Carlisle or GoodYears on for more than 2 season.

Chris

/ Decent non-China trailer tires ? #16  
Lots of guys around here used to run truck tires also on trailers but like you said in this litigious society we live in they will not mount them anymore.

I have simply taken the wheels off at my shop or house and thrown them in the truck and taken them to the tire shop for a set. I just tell the guy its for a project truck I have at home that I need to get into a roller.:thumbsup:

Chris

/ Decent non-China trailer tires ? #17  
I've never been refused to mount a LT on a trailer wheel. If I did I wouldn't trust them for changing a wheel barrow tire. Shows their lack of experience for best tires for a trailer.
The OP is asking about 13" tires and there just isn't any 13" LT tires available.
Years back we had sevearl sizes and load ranges in 14"/15" LT tires. Not so anymore.

The Transmaster doesn't have a good reputation on different RV websites however they are popular with the lawn mower trailer folks. The difference is lawn folks are tooling across town and side streets vs a RVer beating it down the road at legal speeds all day/all nite long.

80+ tires - Towmasters it is, I wouldn't want to mess with those #'s ! (Ken, thanks for the vote on Maxxis, Jigbuilder for Transmaster 411).

Unless the rim widths are really out of whack, I'd have trouble seeing how a decent LT tire is more of a danger than these blowout prone Disposo trailer tires.

Found out today about another local guy running a 2 year old Toyhauler to Florida (OK, not next-door, but still), not overloaded, and lost 6 tires on the trip.

!!!!!!

D.

/ Decent non-China trailer tires ? #20  
I have radial tires on my trailer. No clue even what brand they are, I bought them from Big O tires. The sales guy offered me the choice of "bias ply" or radials, told me I should buy radials if I use the trailer much because they will last longer, price was only $20 or $30 different, so I got the radials. The ones that came on the trailer did not last 10k miles.