Decent non-China trailer tires ?

/ Decent non-China trailer tires ?
To a Canadian, California desert sounds really good this time of year.

Unfortunately, I really need to change tires before I head that far West.

I did talk to Greenball, the only Canadian name they gave me was a small distributor in Quebec. I haven't checked yet, but you probably wouldn't believe me if I gave you the Canadian price.

I should check with my local Costco - long shot, but they may be able to special order them.

Unfortunately, for some reason there are no Costco locations in Upstate NY, the nearest state to me.

D.

/ Decent non-China trailer tires ? #32  
Yup... 80 degrees yesterday!

Ahhhh.... that would be nice !

Back at ya tho.... what would next July be like ?

D.

/ Decent non-China trailer tires ? #34  
July is not too bad. August and September will be 50C+.

As Northeners go, I can handle a bit of heat, but that is getting up there.

Haven't made it to the Mohave yet, but the first bit of desert I encountered was Phoenix, around the end of June. A tad warm, but at least it's w/o the Texas humidity !

When I find those RoundToIts (tm), I hope to get some vacation time in, over your way.

Rgds, D.

/ Decent non-China trailer tires ? #37  
I have never had any luck with bias of any brand.

Chris

/ Decent non-China trailer tires ? #38  
I was at Costco yesterday (metro Detroit) and I asked about trailer tires. I was told that they have to order them, but got a good quote on Greenball tires.

I plan to buy them in the spring.

I hear you Chris, I remember the car tires when I was a kid, usually not great for high miles. But, while those bias car tires didn't perform that well (handling wise) I remember them as physically tough - that can matter in some campsites, and in one off-road area I will be visiting.

If I had a short haul construction trailer, I'd be tempted by these Kendas. Their .tw site also lists a LR D for the 13" I need, something I haven't seen anywhere else - would add about 1000# across 2 axles - I wouldn't load the extra capacity, but would want it to downrate the tire.

I'm thinking a common problem with sidewalls is not being able to handle heat load from extended highway runs (legal speeds).

Travelover - I don't know Detroit very well. If I was coming in from Port Huron, can you suggest a Costco location for the north end of suburban Detroit ? From a quick look at the site, Sterling Heights area seems to be the closest.

I need to get by Costco here today anyway, I'll see what Canadian ransom they want if they will play ball.

D.

/ Decent non-China trailer tires ? #40  
Just like paint you can think the EPA. They took all the good stuff out of them.

Chris

Kind of like spray cans. trying to get them to last through the winter is hit or miss.