hydraulic fluid BX25 which one ! ?

/ hydraulic fluid BX25 which one ! ? #1  

bruere

Tractor
Kubota BX25, Husqvarna LTH 2142DR ride
kubota owner manual specifies kubota UDT or super UDT fluid . is anyone able to tell me the difference and which one is best as well as the viscosity figure ? manual specifies UDT for front axle too ? Is this ok ?

/ hydraulic fluid BX25 which one ! ? #3  
The front axle. Kubota specs either trans/hydraulic fluid or Gear Lube. I personally prefer gear lube. I'd say it's about 50/50 here on the forum which the guys prefer. I use 75w-90 synthetic gear lube. It is very affordable at a farm/rural store chain in our area. Auto parts stores as well, shoot, even WalMart, although interestingly, WalMart isn't the lowest price on it.

As for the UDT versus SUDT-2 issue. Here is a Kubota paper discussing the different properties.

In a nutshell? UDT is like a straight 30w. SUDT and SUDT-2 is a low viz, multi-viscosity oil with performance enhancements. You pays your money and takes your choice.

/ hydraulic fluid BX25 which one ! ? #4  
Check and re-check the front axle lube level after a few weeks of service. The front axles are notorious for holding air pockets that work themselves out over time. It isn't unusual for the axle to only take 2/3 of the recommended fluid at first try. Eventually, you'll get all 4 quarts (or whatever) into it. :thumbsup:

/ hydraulic fluid BX25 which one ! ?
thanku 4 help on hyd oil bx25 . In Aust dealer only has kubota UHT so will run with that and will use in front axle too as only need to buy 2 oils in 20litre drums . Exellent info given much appreciated . thanku mguitas and bp fick . yes i found front axle needed top up of 1.8 litres . may be thats why BX25 now spec for gear oil or thin hyd oil ?

/ hydraulic fluid BX25 which one ! ? #6  
My dealer told me any of the above works but that Kubota is trying to simplify things to use saame lubes for diff things so the same as hydraulic system. Personally in a hot climate or heavy useage, I would opt for gear lube for the heavier viscosity

/ hydraulic fluid BX25 which one ! ? #7  
If you put gear lube in, take your time. Takes a good half hour or more even at 50+ degrees to fill...That's probably why some have stated that their axles weren't full at purchase. The dealer probably didn't spend the time needed.