Diamond C Trailers

/ Diamond C Trailers #1  

two_bit_score

Super Star Member
Texas - from the brush and pear to the piney woods
Tractor
John Deere 110 TLB, Diamond C 19LPX GN trailer
Looking at this trailer to haul the JD 110 TLB. Looking at 20' length. What are your thoughts?

GVWR: 14,000#
Axles: 2-7000# E-Z Lube Axles - 2 Elect. Brakes
Coupler: 2-5/16 30,000# Load Leveler
Cross Members: 3 Channel on 16 centers
Frame: 7 Channel
Fender: 9 X 72 Teardrop 14Ga Diamond Plate
Jack: 12,000# Dropleg
Neck: 8 Channel
Ramps: 5 3 Channel (Slide-in Rear)
Spare Mount: In Neck
Suspension: 6-Leaf Slipper
Tie Downs: 6 Stake Pockets & 4 Equipment 泥 Rings
Tires: ST235/80R16
Wheels: 16 8 Hole

Extreme Duty Fleetneck Trailer | 18EEQ-FN - 16' x 82" | Diamond C

Available Options
Axles: 4 Drop Axles (approx 3 of bed width lost)
Equalizer Torsion Axles (approx 3 of bed width lost)(2 Brakes)
Dove : 2 Diamond Plate
Floor: 3/16 Diamond Plate
Jack: 2nd 12,000# Drop-leg Jack
7K Stabilizer Drop-Leg
Paint: Paint Underneath
Special Color
Ramps : 5 Flip-Knee (4 Channel)
Rub Rail: Rub Rail and Stake Pockets (Calculated on Total Trailer Length)
Skid-Steer Pkg: Drop Axles, Dovetail, & 42 Stand-up Ramps
Spares: Spare Tire & Wheel (ST235/80R16)
Stake Pockets: Extra
Tie Downs: HD Equipment 泥 Rings
Code:
[CODE]
[/CODE]

/ Diamond C Trailers #2  
Is that enough trailer for a JD 110 TLB. I though they were about 9,000# or so. A 14K trailer like that has to weigh in at 4,500 to 5,000# empty and that will not leave a lot of wiggle room on weight.

I would go bigger in the GVWR and also lenght. I do like the low boy style of that trailer though.

Chris

/ Diamond C Trailers
Chris, after deducting the trailer weight the payload is 11,200 lbs. The 110 is about 7,600 per JD so wouldn't I be safe with allowing about 1k more for fuel, etc?

/ Diamond C Trailers #4  
Chris, after deducting the trailer weight the payload is 11,200 lbs. The 110 is about 7,600 per JD so wouldn't I be safe with allowing about 1k more for fuel, etc?

That is lighter than what I though. Are you sure that is with the BH? I have seen that weight or there about's 7,500# with the tractor/loader but did not include the weight of the BH???? We looked at some 110 without the BH a few years back for my neighbor but could never make them work money wise by the time you added the BH.

I very well may be wrong here, I have never owned one. My neighbor looked at them very hard a few years back and soon realized it was too much for his Dmax so he ended up with a older Case Construction King for $5000 that was about 13,500# and bought a couple dump trucks and a heavier trailer with all the money he saved.

Like I said, I very well may be wrong but I thought the 110 TLB was right around 9,000#

Chris

/ Diamond C Trailers
You may have a point. I've always considered the TLB to be about 7,600# but that's based on what I've been told. The JD website shoes the tractor, loader and box blade to be ~ 7,300 but no weight s given for the "TLB" with the backhoe. Could the difference in the hoe and box blade be more than 700#?

Operating Weight w/Backhoe, lb. (kg) ---
Operating Weight w/Loader and Box Blade, lb. (kg) 7280 (3302)

/ Diamond C Trailers #6  
I have a '99 Diamond C Fleetneck trailer. 28', dual tandem dovetail with 12,000# axles. Never had any problems with it. That's a nice trailer you're looking at but I think you might want to call Diamond C and tell them what you want to haul and ask their recommendations about it.

/ Diamond C Trailers
I have a '99 Diamond C Fleetneck trailer. 28', dual tandem dovetail with 12,000# axles. Never had any problems with it. That's a nice trailer you're looking at but I think you might want to call Diamond C and tell them what you want to haul and ask their recommendations about it.

Good point. Thanks for the info about Diamond C. Does your trailer have the slipper springs?

/ Diamond C Trailers #8  
You may have a point. I've always considered the TLB to be about 7,600# but that's based on what I've been told. The JD website shoes the tractor, loader and box blade to be ~ 7,300 but no weight s given for the "TLB" with the backhoe. Could the difference in the hoe and box blade be more than 700#?

Operating Weight w/Backhoe, lb. (kg) ---
Operating Weight w/Loader and Box Blade, lb. (kg) 7280 (3302)

Easily. My little 6' BH I had for my Jinma 284 weighed 1,050#. I would guess the 110's BH would weigh 1,500# or more.

Chris

/ Diamond C Trailers #9  
i cant speak for that trailer since i have used one but we run a fleetneck and diamond c dual tadems and every tractor dealer with 100 miles of my shop has one i believe Diamond C and Fleet neck are some of the best traliers built i have also run some of the low gooseneck utilty trailer and have had them loaded heavy hauling a 6610s and a 3600 ford tractors at the same time and went 300 miles with no trouble they really are some good trailers and really well built

and i believe the trailer you are looking at is plenty big enough for your backhoe i haul a 555 ford and a 4500 on a 18ft gooseneck with two 7000lb axles not both machines at one time

The Jd 110 tlb weight around 7k