Ford F150 5.0 vs eco...

/ Ford F150 5.0 vs eco... #21  
shortthrow50 said:
if your refering to pre -95 mustang 5.0 (302) dating back to sixties than no. Those were push rod engines. All these new ford 5.0's are over head cam.
Technically, the new 5.0l is in the Mustangs too but with a few changes to make it more car like.

/ Ford F150 5.0 vs eco... #22  
The 5.0 feels underpowered???? I have the 5.0 with 3.73 posi rear and can spin all 4 tires in 4wd drive on dry pavement!

I've towed 6,000lbs at 70-80 mph in overdrive without the truck hunting for gears all the time.

not possible. your losing probably 30-35 percent horsepower through that drive train. Figure that and the weight of the truck, its not possible in 4wd on drive pavement especially with 373 gears. Video would make me eat my words though. I dont see that being remotely possible though.

/ Ford F150 5.0 vs eco... #23  
not possible. your losing probably 30-35 percent horsepower through that drive train. Figure that and the weight of the truck, its not possible in 4wd on drive pavement especially with 373 gears. Video would make me eat my words though. I dont see that being remotely possible though.

Newer drivetrains, especially autos, are not losing 35% thru the drive train.

Probably closer to 1/2 that.

/ Ford F150 5.0 vs eco... #24  
sld said:

Yup, even my "old" 03 RAM puts out 345hp at the crank and 289hp at the rear wheels for a total loss out about 17%.

/ Ford F150 5.0 vs eco... #25  
the 5.0 isn't the "Boss" 302 I keep hearing about is it? what are the differences between the two?

/ Ford F150 5.0 vs eco... #26  
the 5.0 isn't the "Boss" 302 I keep hearing about is it? what are the differences between the two?

Cams and headflow. The 5.8 in the mustang is 650hp. That is not the one you are thinking of is it?

/ Ford F150 5.0 vs eco... #27  
My $.02 since I bought a 2011 back in July. I have 8k miles on now with mostly highway miles. I truly love the truck and the one time I pulled my scut tlb, gross w/ trailer about 6500 lbs., I hardly knew it was there. I went for the Eco because of the highway miles and the better mpg, and to this weekend handyman, it fits the bill. The only complaint I have is that if I have a heavy foot during the cold temps, the mpg suffers and I'm finding that it's nearer 16 mpgs if I drive around 75 on the highway.

/ Ford F150 5.0 vs eco... #28  

Yup, even my "old" 03 RAM puts out 345hp at the crank and 289hp at the rear wheels for a total loss out about 17%.

ok well your missing the main point guys. No way in **** is anyone spinning all four tires on dry pavement with a heavy 4x4 stock 5.0 f150. No way in friggin **** is that happening. you may get a "Chirp" if you do a nuetral drop as well as a broken u joint somewhere. As far as the 03 ram, i had a 04 shortbed hemi ram too back then. wasnt happy at all with that slushbox. Must guys were seeing around 250-265 to the wheels on the ram forums back then on the more accurate mustang dyno vs dyno jet. Dynojets numbers are known for putting out higher than average numbers and arent as true as mustang dyno numbers. The reasoning for that can be found on a google search. dont feel like typing it out. Maybe thats why you were gettin high numbers.

/ Ford F150 5.0 vs eco... #29  

boss 302 has ported high flow heads, cam and intake and compression than truck 5.o.

/ Ford F150 5.0 vs eco... #30  
2013 shelby gt500 is 5.8l 650hp supercharged not the regular mustang 5.0 or boss 302