What is a good small 4x4 pickup?

/ What is a good small 4x4 pickup? #211  
My Dad's CJ5 with Buick V6 pulled 26 on the highway, taking it easy... Of course, that was during that awful Federal mandate 55mph limit...

I like Bronco's too; had a couple friends that had them. '70, and a '71.

Yeah but the get terrible mpg...

My best ever 4x4 and the one I wish I could buy back was a 1973 Ford Bronco 302 with pto winch... I miss that rock hopper...

Someday I will have another one...

David

/ What is a good small 4x4 pickup? #212  
Wow...

Ok I'll not be offended then...

Somehow the smiley faces are supposed to cancel out the negativity and insults, right?
No, i was asking a very direct question, truely without any offence intended... Sorry :)

/ What is a good small 4x4 pickup? #213  
I do not think there is really anything wrong with the Isuzu, Mits, or Nissan little trucks either. They are just not as common. I would buy a Nissan in a heart beat if the deal was right just for the simple fact they are still a big player in the auto game. Isuzu and Mits, not so much.

Chris

/ What is a good small 4x4 pickup? #215  
   / What is a good small 4x4 pickup? #216  
Dmace said:
158 hp 280 lb.ft diesel and 7k lb tow capacity.

In a four door with a truck bed, that would be a great little truck! :thumbsup:

They are very popular overseas and are a direct competitor to the Landcruiser. Nice trucks.

/ What is a good small 4x4 pickup? #217  
I'm driving a 2011 Nissan frontier 4 liter with a six speed manual 4x4. it gets about 21 mpg, maybe better if I didn't drive it at 80mph most days. I have 29,000 on it and it has never been back to the dealers. Great truck so far. Back a bit further in the thread: Driving in snow, the moment you touch the brakes no matter what drive system you have you are now braking, Everyone has four wheel brakes except truck drivers that have eight wheels or more. If you , confident of your four wheel drives ability have been cruising at 65 when every one else was down to 45 or less when the braking contest begins guess who is going to be furthest out in the median with their all season radials pointed toes up when the contest ends by the arrival of the state police and the wrecker?

/ What is a good small 4x4 pickup? #218  
09 ranger here for commute. Avg. 24-25 mixed driving, high as 27 with 2.3l 4 and 5spd auto. Had a 94 with 3.0 v-6, 4spd auto, gutless wonder but knocked down 22-23, high as 26. Also had a 90 with 2.9 v-6 5 spd man. 21-22, 26 hwy. Love those rangers. Gonna be sad to see em go. The all time best vehicle for commuting....................... is the one that gets you there and =doesn't leave you stranded. Some of my best ones were peoples cast offs that I bought for $50-100 bucks. 1977 buick lesabre, 301 v-8, consistent 25mpg, and drove for 60,000 miles before an engine fire got her. Paid $75 for that car and over that 60k miles, I put a water pump on it and changed oil, 1 ball joint, car ended its days with 285k on the clock. "the blue bomber" was her name.

/ What is a good small 4x4 pickup? #219  
09 ranger here for commute. Avg. 24-25 mixed driving, high as 27 with 2.3l 4 and 5spd auto. Had a 94 with 3.0 v-6, 4spd auto, gutless wonder but knocked down 22-23, high as 26. Also had a 90 with 2.9 v-6 5 spd man. 21-22, 26 hwy. Love those rangers. Gonna be sad to see em go. The all time best vehicle for commuting....................... is the one that gets you there and =doesn't leave you stranded. Some of my best ones were peoples cast offs that I bought for $50-100 bucks. 1977 buick lesabre, 301 v-8, consistent 25mpg, and drove for 60,000 miles before an engine fire got her. Paid $75 for that car and over that 60k miles, I put a water pump on it and changed oil, 1 ball joint, car ended its days with 285k on the clock. "the blue bomber" was her name.
I've got a ranger parked in front of the Nissan, It has 250+ K on it. I bought it for $900 and drove it for two years. It's my flog through the woods truck now. wouldn't want to beat up the new one without a good reason. Buicks, Chevy Caprices, Mercury Montegoes? All gave good service and repaid the price paid. Lots of pickups in the list also. I think ove 35 plus vehicles I only got beat twice and they were both for small money. Getting beat on a $500 beater is a lot less loss then getting beat on a $50,0000 Beamer. :)