LED Lights

/ LED Lights #1  

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
Guys, I put a new Galion dump body on my '56 B61X. The truck is 12V. I want to replace the two rear tail/stop lights and the two rear turn signals with two new LED combo stop/tail/turn lights.

some say there is an issue mixing LED's with conventional lighting.

Any opinions?

/ LED Lights #2  
I want to do the same, whats the issue? I like led's, plus you can get more lights with much less voltage. I would have all LED's if JD had led headlights.

/ LED Lights #3  
I think the only issue is with LEDs and older trucks is thermal flashers. If your blinkers won't blink swap out the flasher for an electronic one and you will be good to go.

/ LED Lights #4  
I think the only issue is with LEDs and older trucks is thermal flashers. If your blinkers won't blink swap out the flasher for an electronic one and you will be good to go.

They also make loads that simulate the current pull of a bulb to allow the old style flashers to work.

/ LED Lights #5  

This is right on the money. I've swapped out many incandescents for LEDs over the years.

I'd like to see some pics of your B model !! :licking:

/ LED Lights
Guys thx!

Ductape -here you go:

Attachments

• DSC00008.jpg
    DSC00008.jpg
    980.6 KB · Views: 390
  • 100_1064.jpg
    100_1064.jpg
    753.2 KB · Views: 368
  • 100_0677.jpg
    100_0677.jpg
    829.4 KB · Views: 352
   / LED Lights #7  
WOW!!!... That is a very nice truck!!!:thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing!!!... I want it!!!:D

I didn't know there was an issue mixing LED's with conventional lighting.

Bill

/ LED Lights #8  
Your truck is awesome. Looks great.