Trailer For Hauling My Tractor and Skidsteer

/ Trailer For Hauling My Tractor and Skidsteer #1  

Anonymous Poster

I am in need of a trailer for hauling my Kubota B2910 w/ attachments and also my Case 1845C. I need a trailer that is at least 18' long. I want a gross weight of 10,000 pounds. I am looking for different brands of trailers. Something to go from.

Thanks,
Knowles

/ Trailer For Hauling My Tractor and Skidsteer #2  
Sounds like you've got a good idea what you want. Suggest hitting the yellow pages or local "auto trader" classifieds to find out who local dealers are. Then pound the pavement to compare different brands & decide which is the best deal.

Trailers are pretty low tech. There are subtle differences between them that are difficult to describe. Much easier to see in person.

FYI I've been doing a little researh on 18' trailers myself. Prices ranged from $2K to $4K. Most were $2.5-$3.5. Haven't checked any out in person yet.

Good luck.

/ Trailer For Hauling My Tractor and Skidsteer
I spent quite a few months looking myself. I found the "Cadillac" in my neighborhood to be the Towmaster. It was very expensive at 4600.00 for an 18ft 12,000 gvw, but built with unbelievable strength.. I went to Rhode Island and several in Mass and Ct, dealers w/different brands. I ended up with a Bri-Mar 18ft, 12,000 gvw at 3100.00. I picked this as I saw it as second to the Towmaster in design strength.. There were quite a number of 1800- 2500.00 18/12 trailers, however, some small channel frames, others with surge brakes, others w/second tier tires, and all I found something major that turned me off. Like naything else, the dealer still holds the cards in being comfortable in what you want to buy.

I have an ez-dumper hydraulic dump trailer that I am very happy with. My neighbor has their equipment trailer that can be seen here I believe it was under $3000 at a local dealer. The local dealer sells at prices considerably less than list.

Andy

Can you tell me the name of the Kubota dealer in Danville where you bought your trailer? Also what size is yours and what did you pay for it?

Thanks,
Knowles

/ Trailer For Hauling My Tractor and Skidsteer #8  
A Related Question:

I priced some trailers yesterday. Also interested in a dual axle with electric brakes. I have a 95 Ram 2500HD, but it does not have the "towing package" which would have included wiring for electric brakes. What kind of price (general ballpark) would I be looking at to have the electric brake controller installed on the truck? It does have the wiring for towing a trailer w/o electric brakes.

Ches
I just got a price of @$200 from uhaul on a brake box and wiring for a Yukon XL.

/ Trailer For Hauling My Tractor and Skidsteer #10  
Thanks, I had no idea what cost would be, but your price is much cheaper than what I was thinking.