Trailer Shopping!

/ Trailer Shopping! #1  

Martian

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere
I think I've found a trailer for myself. I want/need something new for hauling the new 110 back and forth and around.

This weekend I took a look at a couple places and the most notable trailer I saw was a brand new PJ 14k pound 20' with 2' dove tail and 5' fold up ramps. I'll post a couple photos I took of it. Has the drive over ramps and a 12k pound jack as well.

Anyone pleased/displeased with their trailers or think I should be getting something else? I'd been steered by a couple people with 110's to go in this direction but wanted to hear your opinions as well.

Thanks all

/ Trailer Shopping! #2  
Very happy with 2 PJ trailers. I've had really good experiences with my dump and I previously had a 20+5 GN PJ that was great also. The powder coating does prove difficult to repair but it's the nature of the beast. I've also got a Belmont that I'm happy with. I was repainting the trailer last year and contacted them about replacement dot tape and decals. To my suprize they sent me everything I needed for the goose egg. Real good customer service.

I'm also real fond of Towmaster/Contrail trailers, they are spendy but very well built.

Matt;)

/ Trailer Shopping! #3  
maybee get one in the 25-28' range to give you a lil play for loading and extra gear?

/ Trailer Shopping!
Thanks for the replies.

I really like this trailer and I'm dropping the wagon off tomorrow and would like to swing by with my trailer to see if I can get an estimate on price. This would all be depending on upon when I can get it dropped off and if I can get over there in time.

I would like the extra room, but I haven't been able to find many bumper pulls that long. I'm not always going to be hauling the trailer with a pickup so I can't go gooseneck otherwise I'd love a nice 22k 30'er (maybe not the price tag though:eek:)

/ Trailer Shopping! #5  
ahh.. stuck with bumper pull. I think you can get up to 30' but I thought you might be able to go GN which would have been my choice..e tc.

good luck

/ Trailer Shopping! #6  
I like the idea of the shorter trailer if it will haul everthing you need. I have a 27+5 gooseneck. It will haul whatever I want to haul, but it is a pain trying to turn into peoples driveways and such because of its lenght. A 20ft wide driveway on a small country road with no room to swing out before turning is impossibe to turn into. I wish I had bought one in the 20-24ft range.

/ Trailer Shopping! #7  
PJ's are great trailers. Im assuming the one you are looking at is the 6" channel model. If you go to an 8" channel you can have a 30' bumper pull.

/ Trailer Shopping! #8  
I think I've found a trailer for myself. I want/need something new for hauling the new 110 back and forth and around.

This weekend I took a look at a couple places and the most notable trailer I saw was a brand new PJ 14k pound 20' with 2' dove tail and 5' fold up ramps. I'll post a couple photos I took of it. Has the drive over ramps and a 12k pound jack as well.

Anyone pleased/displeased with their trailers or think I should be getting something else? I'd been steered by a couple people with 110's to go in this direction but wanted to hear your opinions as well.

Thanks all

PJ is a great trailer. I had a 20 ft over deck 9 yrs ago when I had l3830, and a 20 +5 Gn pj 22k for an M59 I sold a few years ago. Hope to pick up a Big Tex 14k 20 +5 gn pop up dove tail tomorrow.