Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few eyes.

/ Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few eyes. #11  
Re: Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few e

Too bad they did not use that Hemi straight six that was developed.

It eventually was used in the late 60's/early 80's in Australia. You could get a Valiant Charger(no relation to either the US Valiant or US Charger) with a Hemi 6-pack; the Hemi straight-6 with triple side draft Webers! That car, was really fast...!

That motor was originally designed in the US for use in pickup trucks.

Chrysler Hemi-6 Engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Australian Hemi Six Engines: 215, 245, 265

1972 Australian Chrysler Charger RT Engine Bay View Photo 2

Go back farther and you will find them with straight six.:thumbsup:

/ Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few eyes. #12  
Another note is the new frame which is more rigid and lighter. RAM states the new 1500 will have a class leading 11,500 lb tow capacity and 3,125 lb payload. http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120405/AUTO0101/204050358#ixzz1r8tRmT21

I can't wait to see a HEMI V8 with 8 speed transmission getting better fuel mileage than the Ford Ecoboost. Ha ha!
Plus with a suspension that lowers for easier bed access, there will be no need for a "man step".

Still got the 5 year / 100k mile powertrain warranty too! I wonder why Ford only warranties their complicated twin turbo engines for 60k miles...

/ Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few eyes. #13  
Re: Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few e

Well....................... I guess theres an *** for every seat.

/ Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few eyes. #14  

Lets face it Dmace, the 10 year 100,000 mile warranty was what pulled Dodge sales out of the dumps. Ford does not need to warranty like they do, plain and simple.

I would not want a coil spring suspension right now on any brand of trucks like you would not want a complicated twin turbo setup:laughing:. Give it 10 years and prove it and I will buy into it just like you may with the EB someday.

There is nothing new about a air suspension. Its been done on trucks before. My BIL had a Lincoln with it and my Co-Pilot has a Yukon Denali with it. My BIL's truck was too new when he traded it but the 05 Yukon has had about $2500 of replacement parts put in it. My father had a couple of SUV's with it and no problem but does cause some issues hooking up a WD system properly.

I like the rotary dial gear shift just like I love the center shift in the Fords and Nissan. The interior overall is the best I have seen in a Dodge. I am really impressed. The finally got the placement of the brake controller right just like Ford did First way back in 2004.:thumbsup:

What will be interesting to see is what GM does. They are so far behind right now they think they are in the lead. It will be interesting to see the new remodel they have coming up for 2013.

Chris

/ Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few eyes. #15  
Diamondpilot said:
Lets face it Dmace, the 10 year 100,000 mile warranty was what pulled Dodge sales out of the dumps. Ford does not need to warranty like they do, plain and simple.
Actually, the LIFETIME warranty pulled them from the hump and proved they had a good new transmission in the 545rfe proving to those blind loyalist that poor transmissions were a thing of the past.

Ford does not need a good warranty? :laughing:
Tell that to those with failed head gaskets, spark plugs, high pressure fuel pumps, exhaust manifolds, chinese Mustang transmissions, etc...
Diamondpilot said:
There is nothing new about a air suspension. Its been done on trucks before.
Comparing the failed GM and Ford air suspensions to this setup is like comparing Ford's newest car design to the Pinto. Just because they're both cars doesn't mean they're the same...

/ Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few eyes. #16  
My dads 2007 ford 250 super doodie needs a revolving door @ the shop because it comes and goes so often. Oh yeah, less than 70000 miles on it.

/ Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few eyes.

I think ALL manufacturers need to increase their warranties to 10/100k BUMPER to BUMPER, not just powertrain. I know that might get a little expensive for them, but the 3 year/36 mo they all used to have is for the birds in my opinion. the day that thing goes out stuff starts falling apart it seems. I think some tractor manufacturers need to up theres too. Deere's 2 year warranty is a dang joke in my opinion. these vehicles and tractors are WAY to expensive not to offer me the piece of mind that my $48,000 truck or $20,000 tractor wasn't made with cheap-o parts that won't last longer then 2-3 years before they start failing. we need longer warranties, technology has come too far not to put out products at these price tags they're asking for stuff to start breaking in 3-5 years and then you're left holding the bag.

/ Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few eyes. #18  

When I think of Warranties I think of Tommy Boy selling brake pads.:laughing::D:confused2:

Chris

/ Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few eyes. #19  

When I think of Warranties I think of Tommy Boy selling brake pads.:laughing::D:confused2:

Chris

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh8piF28ofU]Tommy Boy - YouTube[/ame]

/ Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few eyes. #20  

Close, but more like this!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8jIIPocqUU]Tommy Boy Guarantee - YouTube[/ame]

Chris