Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few eyes.

/ Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few eyes. #21  
Re: Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few e

Too bad they did not use that Hemi straight six that was developed.
/QUOTE]

I was thinking more along the lines of a flathead six Robert!!:D

Mopar has made/makes some very nice engines.:thumbsup:

---------------
Speaking about coil springs folks also complained about torsion bars. Wonder why the leaf spring went out of fashion for front ends???

Hey, my SUV has air assisted suspension!

My old Truck also has air assisted supension on the back along with leaf springs. :)

/ Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few eyes. #22  
Diamondpilot said:
When I think of Warranties I think of Tommy Boy selling brake pads.:laughing::D:confused2:

Chris
Boy, you Ford fans never cease to amaze me!

So long warranties are useless, a plastic step in the tail gate is "innovative", a V6 making the same power AND poor fuel mileage as a V8 is the future, diesel engines need to be completely redesigned every three years, and as long as you change the head lights and grill yearly everyone will think it's a brand new design...

/ Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few eyes. #23  
Re: Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few e

So long warranties are useless, a plastic step in the tail gate is "innovative", a V6 making the same power AND poor fuel mileage as a V8 is the future, diesel engines need to be completely redesigned every three years, and as long as you change the head lights and grill yearly everyone will think it's a brand new design...

You forgot.......and it has to be a four letter word :rolleyes:

/ Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few eyes. #24  

I never understood about their resale or trade-in. If you buy a Dodge, then be ready to keep it for a spell. ???

Resale or not for what they all (Ford, Dodge, GM, Chevy) want for a truck these days you better plan on hanging on to them for a spell. I spent 29K for my '03 F250 when I bought it and to replace it now with the exact same model would be over 50K! With only 90K miles I plan on keeping it for a few more years. :)

/ Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few eyes. #25  
Dmace said:

You crack me up. You call me a Ford Fan, which I am, but I buy all brands. Since 2002 I have bought 3 Fords, 3 GM, a Dodge, a Nissan, and a BMW.

It may seen like I only buy Fords because they last and stay out of the shop.

Either way, you get your panties all in a bunch when I say the headlights/front end is ugly and they have a suspect rear suspension for anyone other than a soccer mom/weekend warrior but you blast Ford daily.

I have this new Dodge plenty of comments if you take the time to actually read.

Chris

/ Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few eyes. #26  
Diamondpilot said:
I say the headlights/front end is ugly and they have a suspect rear suspension for anyone other than a soccer mom/weekend warrior but you blast Ford daily.
Big difference between "blasting" and stating facts. YOU blast non-Ford vehicles with pathetic comments like "soccer mom/weekend warrior" where I post facts like short warranties and unimpressive engine outputs.

Back to the topic, the new RAM will also have an automatic start/stop feature that will shut off the engine at extended stops and automatically start it when you take-off furthur increasing mpg's. I bet the 8-speed HEMI with MDS and start/stop will earn an EPA rating of around 17 city / 24 highway.

/ Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few eyes. #27  

Well I like the sounds of a 8spd trans and air supension. But have not had use for a 1/2 ton truck in 15yrs so I don't have a dog in the hunt. But feel Dodge and Ford both have stepped up with there new 1/2tons to make them trucks that are better than same old stuff from 1970 to 2005.

My question why don't they on a 50K+ 1ton put air ride??? Any brand??? I have been looking again but none seem worth the risk vs reward over the 2000-2006 pre-EPA problem diesel trucks

/ Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few eyes. #28  

"Soccer mom truck." Thats your compliment? If it was Ford that had the same suspension, you be saying how great it is.

Chris, you just have to admit your total bias towards Ford. Trust me, there is not a thing wrong with that. Being brand loyal is not a bad thing. Just give in and change your name to FORD MAN. At least my bias is obvious.

The new Dodge trucks? I know someone that just bought one, a 2012. Its a very nice vehicle, and he got it at a great price. It looks to me like the improvements will do nothing but make it better.

/ Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few eyes. #29  
dodge man said:
"Soccer mom truck." Thats your compliment? If it was Ford that had the same suspension, you be saying how great it is.

Chris, you just have to admit your total bias towards Ford. Trust me, there is not a thing wrong with that. Being brand loyal is not a bad thing. Just give in and change your name to FORD MAN. At least my bias is obvious.

The new Dodge trucks? I know someone that just bought one, a 2012. Its a very nice vehicle, and he got it at a great price. It looks to me like the improvements will do nothing but make it better.

Ford had the air ride that did the same, lower when off, raise when in 4x4. Nothing new here. My compliments were on the interior and granny setup.

I am not a fan of rear coils and have never been a fan if airbags either.

Chris

/ Say what you want about Dodge...errrr "Ram" trucks, but they are catching a few eyes. #30  

Go back farther and you will find them with straight six.:thumbsup:

You are Right, Actually the toughest DODGE i ever drove was in the Nat. Guard. It was 3/4 ton 4 speed--DODGE SLANTED 6 engine...Indestructable engine and could put out the power...I had a work buddy who bought a Valient slanted six and made a sleeper street rod. He mounted a 4 barrel carb, hemi grind cam and twice or dual exhaust on it. That six ran like a swiss watch and was fast....