Maine Trailer Plates

/ Maine Trailer Plates #1  

droptop

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1635 cab
Not so quick, but very painless. I sent a copy of my current trailer registration along with a check for $90 and now a little more than two weeks later my new 5 year trailer plate arrived. I am so looking forward to not having to go thru the pain of getting my trailer inspected.:thumbsup:

/ Maine Trailer Plates #3  
I thought about it also, as I have 3 trailers. Two of them are $75 per year each. One of those only gets used a couple of times a year to haul wood pellets.
I looked into it and got several different answers from several different folks on this forum when I posed the question about whether it would be OK to do it in my state (NY).
I think that the consensus was that it wasn't really legal here if this is where the trailers are parked/used the majority of the time. One of the trailers is used for business and I thought I might be attracting unwanted attention from law enforcement to have a truck with the biz name & logo on it with NY plates and the trailer with same big logo tagged from Maine.
I think if the OP does a search you'd find post upon post covering the Maine trailer plate issue. It seems to vary greatly from state to state.

/ Maine Trailer Plates #4  
I have one for a 10k equipment trailer, I have o e more equipment trailer and a dual axle enclosed trailer that will have Maine plates on them come November when the 270.00 per year Mass plates and 125.00 per year inspections expire.

/ Maine Trailer Plates #5  
i am in NY as well. i have a 5 yr maine plate on my 12k equip trailer. i have not had any issues with it, and i do get "harrassed" by local law enforcement quite a bit because of the truck/trailer combo that i have (they are convined that i must be using it for business). i also shut them up w/the fact i have a class A, but i do get stopped several times a year

/ Maine Trailer Plates #6  
I think if the OP does a search you'd find post upon post covering the Maine trailer plate issue. It seems to vary greatly from state to state.

The SC county I live in would not take to Maine plates. The county website has a form to report residents with out of state plates...then they come get you for tax evasion, improper registration and no telling what else!

/ Maine Trailer Plates #7  
Please do it , we need the dough.:D

/ Maine Trailer Plates #8  
Do you need a maine address for this? The hassle of renewing and paying every year in ma drives me nuts. Plus they make you get an insurance stamp every year which is a huge pain.