Mobile Home Axles

/ Mobile Home Axles #1  

Deere Dude

Elite Member
Beaver Dam Wisconsin then to Hohenwald, TN
Tractor
John Deere 3720
I have a trailer with two mobile home axles. I changed one old, old axle to a more resent mobile home axle a couple years ago and changed the other old, old axle a month ago. The question is, are they directional?

I'm trying to get all the brakes to work properly, but don't know if I have them installed correctly or if I have to turn one set around.

Any hints,
Thanks

/ Mobile Home Axles #2  
Brakes are directional
To determine the right or left side brake assembly, position the brake with the magnet at the bottom. On
electric brakes, the actuating arm will always curve from the pivot pin to the magnet, toward the left for left
hand brakes and toward the right for right hand brakes.

/ Mobile Home Axles #3  
The backing plates that all the brake shoes, springs, ect should be marked left or right. Its sometimes on the back of the backing plate but either way you will have to pull the drums to inspect things.

Chris

/ Mobile Home Axles
Thanks. :thumbsup: I think I got it. I had one axle with the curved arm with the magnet on towards the front and the other axle towards the rear. I couldn't read anywhere where there is right or left, but not saying it's not on there.

Pulling the arm and making the pads contact the drum worked well on the rear axle so I had to turn the front axle around so it looked like the rear, and now I am as set as I'm going to be. Thanks.

With one axle actuating correctly frontward and the other one actuating correctly backwards would have been handy if I was backing up 50 miles an hour.:laughing: