Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tractor
    4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318

Default Re: Converter thefts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    maybee they should allow drawing and quartering again.. go on a flash enforcement regimine for about 2 weeks and get a bunch of these suckers.. and then sell tickets and televise it.. put the message out that criminals will be dealt with badly? eh? to draconian?
    Recall the recent thread Depmandog started about a state that ended capital punishment? As much as I think we should have more severe penalties for many crimes, "cruel and unusual" punishment seems to be the no-no everywhere now. But I like your idea...and lets do the D&Q with tractors, of course.....
    Rather than worry about the things you want but don't have, be grateful for the things you don't want and don't have.

I didn't plan to do much of anything today, but by noon I was almost half done.

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

I agree. Cut the hand off a thief, the willy off a rapist, ect. Crime is a dangerous business. I think a fair number if criminals should be shot by either law enforcement or private citizens like myself protecting mine and my neighbors property.

Too many bleeding heart liberals making it hard for honest folks like me to protect what's mine.

Chris

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Its not just the thieves that are guilty, its the guys willing to buy the stolen products knowing that they are hot that should have the bigger punishment. If the thief had no where to sell then he would have no incentive to destroy your property doing thousands in damage to obtain a $25 fenced item. The fence makes the profit with usually very little risk. There should be laws just like dope laws, catch a guy selling stolen property and confiscate everything in his shop. If he wants it back, he will have to buy it back at county or state auction. Pawnshops and junk yards would be more aware. I even heard of one auto dealer that was using hot parts to repair new vehicles. GREED that is the issue.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

i agree.. make em pay...

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2230 & B2320

Here is a quick story of thieves getting caught at the scrap yard. A neighbor of the late Chief got a plate number while they were loading the truck. I think they picked the wrong house.

Burglars hit late Chief Klee's property
    Martin, 44, of Moscow; Nicole, 36, of Duryea; and Erik, 38 of Scranton, were stopped by police outside the Ben Weitsman and Son scrap yard on the Morgan Highway for the alleged theft of scrap metal from the home of late Scranton Police Chief James Klee. Police allege the trio entered Klee's former home on Moosic Street at least twice and later sold the items believed to be stolen to the scrap yard. Erik allegedly confessed to police that they were at the home and t¨¨aking the items from the garage, but he denied taking radiators from inside the home. Scranton Det. Jeff Gilroy and Ptlm. Pat Bastek were the arresting officers.
    They were each arraigned on April 10 on four counts of criminal trespassing, two counts each of conspiracy to commit theft and theft by unlawful taking, and one count each of receiving stolen property.

Tractor
    Kubota L3400, Farmall H

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    Its not just the thieves that are guilty, its the guys willing to buy the stolen products knowing that they are hot that should have the bigger punishment. If the thief had no where to sell then he would have no incentive to destroy your property doing thousands in damage to obtain a $25 fenced item. The fence makes the profit with usually very little risk. There should be laws just like dope laws, catch a guy selling stolen property and confiscate everything in his shop. If he wants it back, he will have to buy it back at county or state auction. Pawnshops and junk yards would be more aware. I even heard of one auto dealer that was using hot parts to repair new vehicles. GREED that is the issue.
    When a meth head brings in a load of scrap, nobody asks where he got it?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2230 & B2320

Seems that the scrap yards are doing a booming business. Reports of summer/vacation homes in the area having their copper pipes removed is a common feature on the nightly news. Churches and any structure that is not occupied on a regular basis are fair game for the scrap thieves. After a power outage last summer power lines that were downed in a storm were quickly stolen as soon as the power was disconnected. A whole section of power lines still has not been rebuilt.

My next door neighbor had all the pipes stolen from his house two years ago. At the time he was not living in the house. Thieves came in and in one weekend took everything. He is still rebuilding his plumbing. He is an old guy and was thinking of selling the property but now has an unsalable piece of real estate. You cant get a mortgage on a house without functioning plumbing.

What's needed is a federal law taxing the sale of used cats. It could even have something written in so that the tax only applies when the cat is removed from the car Something based off of weight and equal to the value of the cat. Once there's no value in them the thieves can return to stealing copper.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Branson 2400H

If we fill the thieves full of lead, would this make them have some value at the scrap yard like old batteries?

Seems like recycling at its finest...
    Artificial Intelligence will never overcome natural stupidity.

Branson 2400H MMM & FEL

JD 112

BX1850 gone but not forgotten

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2230 & B2320

Quote Originally Posted by oldnslo View Post
    If we fill the thieves full of lead, would this make them have some value at the scrap yard like old batteries?

Seems like recycling at its finest...
    Filling thieves with lead it known to the state of California to cause bodily harm. and perhaps stop reproduction.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast