Converter thefts

/ Converter thefts #51  
Soundguy said:
a thief is a thief... no place for them in society. they are a parasite that lives off the work of others.

i take it from your defensive tone that you have a soft spot for some level of theives? perhaps CC thieves?

Do you condone theft? or are there levels / a threshhold you find ok? A lil theft is ok.. but not a big theft? Or does it depend on who is stolen from? A bank, rich, poor, etc, etc?

seems i may detect a bit of thief advocacy here?

soundguy

Could not agree more. I work for what I have. Plain and simple.

Chris

/ Converter thefts
a thief is a thief... no place for them in society. they are a parasite that lives off the work of others.

i take it from your defensive tone that you have a soft spot for some level of theives? perhaps CC thieves?

Do you condone theft? or are there levels / a threshhold you find ok? A lil theft is ok.. but not a big theft? Or does it depend on who is stolen from? A bank, rich, poor, etc, etc?

seems i may detect a bit of thief advocacy here?

soundguy

Soundguy...if we want to define it, the majority of adults steal in ways we don't even think about at the time we do them. Those who make personal phones calls or surf the net or copy their papers on their employer's copy machine while on the job are basically stealing. How many of us cheat on our taxes, use a company car for personal business, pad an expense account, or add an hour of time to our time report?

We are all going to view theft differently as to what is ok or not ok and I didn't start this thread so it would become a debate about what degree is right or wrong. So please, let's drop any argument about levels and threshholds. Thanks.

Main reason I began the thread was for laughs, pointing out the inane suggestion of welding a converter to a vehicle frame.

/ Converter thefts #53  
Converter theft is still pretty prevalent around here. I heard a couple of months back that they hit a new park & ride the state just built. Got 15 cars/trucks in 1 day. Funny the story never made the paper or even "police report" in the paper. The only reason I heard about it is because I have a buddy that is an auxillary Sheriff's Deputy and an axuillary Policy Officer. State didn't want anyone hearing about the "poor security" of their new parking lot and not using it.

/ Converter thefts #54  
Could not agree more. I work for what I have. Plain and simple.

Chris

And I'll add the word that diamond pilot probably accidentally left out... 'hard'

I work HARD for what's mine, as I'm quite sure he does too,.

soundguy

/ Converter thefts #55  
This make you uncomfortable?

I don't cheat on my taxes.. do you? you brought it up? I specifically decline taking a few exemptions and deductions I'm allowed to take just to avoid some of the hassle and paperwork.

i have a personal vehicle and a co vehicle.. if I'm doing personal stuff in my co vehicle it's because I called the boss and asked permission. at that point it is not theft.. it is a gift.

I certaintly don't pad expense reports or time cards....

soundguy

Soundguy...if we want to define it, the majority of adults steal in ways we don't even think about at the time we do them. Those who make personal phones calls or surf the net or copy their papers on their employer's copy machine while on the job are basically stealing. How many of us cheat on our taxes, use a company car for personal business, pad an expense account, or add an hour of time to our time report?

We are all going to view theft differently as to what is ok or not ok and I didn't start this thread so it would become a debate about what degree is right or wrong. So please, let's drop any argument about levels and threshholds. Thanks.

Main reason I began the thread was for laughs, pointing out the inane suggestion of welding a converter to a vehicle frame.

/ Converter thefts #56  
rsewill said:
So you would cut off the hand of a CC thief? Is Sharia law popular in your state? Funny thing is the most conservative states are against the laws you want yet you blame liberals. Puzzling!
But he was stealing something that helps our planet from polution. Does that make u mad now?

/ Converter thefts
Soundguy...discussion about theft does not make me uncomfortable but I feel this thread isn't the place to debate as to what's right or wrong about it. Sorry if you feel I was critical about you but I don't recall singling out you in particular. After I retired I had a sideline part time carpentry business and could have padded my bills or cheated on taxes but I was dead honest about that as well as every personal tax return I have ever filed. Not saying I am innocent of petty theft however.

/ Converter thefts #58  
i see nothing inherently inappropriate about the discussion about the legitemacy ( or not? ) of theft.

It's a complicated issue... and I think it mostly boils down to intent, reguardless of monetary value.

If I go into my employers storeroom and palm a 45 cent box of paperclips, and stick em in my jacket and take them home.. I've knowingly stole from my employer. If I'm at work writing some documents, etc.. and I stick my pen in my shirt pocket at the end of the day and when at the house, it gets tossed on the nightstand when i put my shirt in the laundry hamper, and then in the morning i forget and leave it there.. at that point.. with no intent, some conversion has taken place.. might even have been worth more than the paperclips.

I don't want an employee that is going to steal with intent.

the average joe that , without intent , converts soemthing... well... I believe it's different based upon circumstances. the law seems to think so to. 'intent' is a huge determining factor as to whether something becomes illegal or not.

I'm sure I got some ink pens from work at my house.

I also know, on the flip side, I've brought in my own supplies to work with.. or worked from home using my own unbilled time and expendables, and consider then 'in kind' cost of doing buisness / residual loss, and don't set around biting my nails about it.

it's the guy that makes the self determination to lift something.. that's the issue...

soundguy

/ Converter thefts #59  
I have been known to steal a few women's hearts.....And I did it with intent!