Kaufman vs Big Tex

/ Kaufman vs Big Tex #1  

kneedeep

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3510 & 8560
Been looking at a lot of trailers. Hope to buy one that will last a loooong time :thumbsup:
Down to 2 choices-

Big Tex. Dealer in my home town. Did bother to take time to show me a trailer and gave a price before dumping me off at my truck.

18+2 ET, 6" channel frame, 3" crossmembers 24" O.C., 14K axles, PT wood floor, stand up ramps, 12K dropleg jack, usual cheap 16" Loadrange E tires and spare, cast 2 5/16 coupler, spliced wires (I looked)
$4750 on lot

Kaufman- per salesman in NC factory, seemed friendly and, of course, customer service top priority.

20+2 ET, 8K axle upgrade, PT wood floor, usual cheap 16" Loadrange E tires and spare, 16" O.C. crossmembers, 6" Channel frame, spring assist stand up ramps, 12K drop leg jack, Cast Coupler, lifetime LED recessed lites, rubrail over stake pockets, sealed wiring harness, Lockable tongue chain box.

$4200 on their lot in NC. Add $300 to deliver to me.

Both are good looking (Tex on lot and only internet pics of Kaufman), Kaufman offers more features at a lower price.

Looking for pros and cons for both

:thumbsup: :thumbdown:

/ Kaufman vs Big Tex #2  
I have had my Big Tex for 4 years without any problems. I did switch all the lights out for LED. It is parked outside and the tires still look brand new.

/ Kaufman vs Big Tex
I have had my Big Tex for 4 years without any problems. I did switch all the lights out for LED. It is parked outside and the tires still look brand new.

How often does it get used?

I would probably only use a trailer once a month average, but when I did it would run about 300 miles one way loaded.

I will call that Big Tex- 1, Kaufman-0

Thanks repowell

/ Kaufman vs Big Tex #4  
How often does it get used?

I average once a week. I usually haul 120 square bales at a time, tractor with FEL and 6' cutter or pallet loads of shavings and pellets locally. I have hauled stock panels, pipe and cable fence materials and implements hundreds of miles without any problems. Rather than pay for shipping I prefer to go get them myself.

/ Kaufman vs Big Tex #5  
I went with LAMAR(really nice built trailer),I load it down weekly(no not with the JD,lol) but if I had to go with one out of the 2 would say Big Tex just from knowing more people with them and they havent had anything bad to say about them. I see alot of them also at the oil field company's with backhoes and small dozers on them.
DALTONS JD 3.jpgdaltons JD.jpghayhauling pics.jpglast load of the year 2.JPGmovinghay.jpgdodge and baler.JPG

The only thing I regret is not buying a 28ft.....

/ Kaufman vs Big Tex #6  
I went with LAMAR(really nice built trailer),I load it down weekly(no not with the JD,lol) but if I had to go with one out of the 2 would say Big Tex just from knowing more people with them and they havent had anything bad to say about them. I see alot of them also at the oil field company's with backhoes and small dozers on them.
View attachment 265771
The only thing I regret is not buying a 28ft.....

Nice looking trailer. The 28' would allow you to better balance your tractor load! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

/ Kaufman vs Big Tex #7  
You answered you r own question, Kuafman is cheaper better, then that's the one. My next trailer is a Kaufman.

Around here people are trying to sell 10 year old USED trailers on craigs list for what you can buy a new on at Kaufman.