Diesel truck with best MPG

/ Diesel truck with best MPG #171  
please tell me you don't actually believe that

good to know. i have very little experience with the 6.0s

Obviously you have little experience with diesel trucks. There is a 2005 Dodge on my road that is putting twice the power as mine to the pavement. It's a daily driver and has a Boss V plow on it to boot.

Chris

/ Diesel truck with best MPG #172  
chris - i have lots of experience with diesels of all varieties, but not the 6.0 (the issues have always put me off). i also know that the claimed increase of HP from a programmer without a custom written file is nowhere near correct without the proper supporting mods. and stock 6.0 injectors will not flow enough fuel for 160 HP over at teh crank let alone the rear wheel.

/ Diesel truck with best MPG #175  
There is no way to get facts from a post like this. They are all pretty close to each other. Pick the prettiest one and lie about the hp and mileage like every one else.

/ Diesel truck with best MPG #176  
or the smaller girls foot on the throttle.. :)

Yeah i thought that might be part of it.

A not so good update the 04.5- it has dropped in mileage -no more lie o meter in the 30 mpg range, and the truck is putting out more black smoke on acceleration.

The newest full tank run lost over 3 mpg and that was All hi-way and no towing - the amount of black smoke on acceleration has increased, and is making them nervous... So my apologies-

I really thought that was a special running truck, now I think it could be headed for the shop.

/ Diesel truck with best MPG #177  
There is no way to get facts from a post like this. They are all pretty close to each other. Pick the prettiest one and lie about the hp and mileage like every one else.

Hahaha. This is one of those threads that I had to tuck my pant legs into my boot tops so I could wade through. :laughing:

/ Diesel truck with best MPG #178  
12 valve p pump cummins, hands down best:thumbsup:

/ Diesel truck with best MPG #179  
On a budget - If you don't need 4 full doors I would find a '94 - early '98 12valve Cummins and do the free mods and fix the KDP ASAP. If you need 4 full doors, find an 03 Dodge 24valve common rail chip it and put a fuel pressure guage in it ASAP.

I doubt you will see better mileage with any other trucks and you will still have all the power you should ever need and more than most. I have a '94 single cab Cummins and can get 24mph with over 600lb ft/lb torque fairly easy with stock 245 tires.

If only dodge had built a 4 door 12 valve my prayers would be answered. As it is I have the Cummins to do the REAL grunt work but a Chevy 1500HD 6.0 gasser as the family truckster. Not the ideal tow vehicle, gets HORRIBLE fuel mileage but it has 4 doors can pull my 32' travel trailer or tractors and I paid less than $10,000 for it.

/ Diesel truck with best MPG #180  
I have had all but a Duramax. All trucks have been 4x4 auto. Cummins from 04-08s and they got 16-18 mpg Ford 7.3s got 14-15, Ford 6.0s got 16 all the time and as much as 22 on long highway runs. New Ford 6.7 gets 13