HELP! - Squeaking noise coming from front wheel?

/ HELP! - Squeaking noise coming from front wheel? #1  

CompactTractorFan

Tractor
Kubota BX25
I am having a problem with my Intrepid. There had been a squeaking noise coming from the right front wheel area. I thought it was the wheel bearing. Also noticed heat coming from the area. Took it to the local shop (Meineke), and they took it apart and replaced the bearing ($250). That seemed to fix the problem for a few days, but now it's back.

Do you know what else could be causing this noise???
Should I take it back to the shop to see if they will make it right???

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

/ HELP! - Squeaking noise coming from front wheel? #2  
Is the caliper sticking?

/ HELP! - Squeaking noise coming from front wheel?
I want to add that this is happening while driving over 30 mph. Applying the brakes does not have affect on the noise.

/ HELP! - Squeaking noise coming from front wheel? #5  
That brake caliper is shot, the squeaking is the brake pads slightly rubbing the rotor while driving. The heat is from that brake pad constantly making contact. Since braking doesn't change the noise, that brake caliper probably isn't working at all.

It went away after the wheel bearing install becuase they had to remove the brake caliper to install it. Then the noise came back after using the brakes and the pads getting stuck again. Wheel bearings make a humming noise not squeaking and that humming noise usually goes away when turning.

This is why I do my own work or ask online first, places like Meineke will throw expensive parts at it until it's fixed...

/ HELP! - Squeaking noise coming from front wheel? #6  
Dmace is 100% right. Take it back and MAKE them Make It Right.

For future reference, doing this work yourself is not that hard. I have done them on many GM front wheel drive cars and a Dodge truck along with a couple foreign cars.

Chris

/ HELP! - Squeaking noise coming from front wheel? #7  
Applying the brakes does not have affect on the noise.

this makes me wonder... everyone is sure the caliper is making the noise which is very likely, but what usually happens is that the piston will stick and not release enough, creating a slight drag that makes the noise. in most all cases i've seen, the noise will go away when you hit the brakes, because the fluid pushes the pads tight to the rotor. if it doesn't change when you hit the brakes then it's either something else, or the caliper is seized and will not go in or out. if this were the case i'd expect to feel the car pulling to one side when you hit the brakes, because only one front brake is working.

the heat buildup certainly sounds like brakes though. does it pull to one side when you apply the brakes?

/ HELP! - Squeaking noise coming from front wheel? #8  
Is it front wheel drive? Might be CV joints.
I had a 83 Dodge Charger that pulled to the right and heated up. I found that it had composite pistons in the calipers and the RF piston was chipped and the chip would wedge holding the piston out.

/ HELP! - Squeaking noise coming from front wheel? #9  
It could be a CV joint or anything but my experience is with a CV joint it only makes noise when turning and its a clunking noise almost like when you were a kid and put a baseball card in the spokes of your bike.

Chris

/ HELP! - Squeaking noise coming from front wheel? #10  
i bet the slides are also dirty, if it is a sticky caliper issue.