Trailer Mileage Counter

/ Trailer Mileage Counter #1  

Sterff

Gold Member
Tractor
IH 574, IH 656, IH 756, JD B, Kubota L4330
Does anyone have any experiance with a trailer mileage counter like commonly seen on semi trailers? My new trailer is due to arrive within the next few weeks and I thought this would be a handy tool to track mileage. I found this one so far... RV SOLUTIONS I think it would be nice for when a friend borrows the trailer or when replacing parts in the future. Im not sure though how it mounts!? Anyone use one? Thanks

/ Trailer Mileage Counter #2  
It looks like it replaces the chrome dust cover. In the past some of them were attached by using mounts on the lugs.
Wonder how long the battery lasts on the digital ones? The older ones were mechanical and rotated when the wheel turns.

/ Trailer Mileage Counter
I wish they had a better picture. Still on the fence about it.

/ Trailer Mileage Counter #5  
Never tried one. Seems to me most of the trailer maintiance I do is time based, not so much mileage.

Chris

/ Trailer Mileage Counter #6  
Seen a bunch of them on semi trailers, they were called "Hubometers" and need to be bought for the tire size.
They are a good "Guess-timate" for rental fleets.
They trick is to install it then drive a number of miles with tow vehicle, then check it. It might be right or you will have a calibration number to work with.

/ Trailer Mileage Counter #7  
That's neat. Never seen anything like that.

Chad

/ Trailer Mileage Counter #8  
the ones on road tractors have a bracket that mounts using the axle nuts and then the hubometer mounts to the bracket..

here is another one with some better pics

Accu-Trak Hubodometer

another one that shows available brackets

STEMCO 500 RPM Hubodometer #650-0598

this one has holes in the center caps that the hubometer mounts to

RVedition.com - Products - Hubodometer

Brian

Seen a bunch of them on semi trailers, they were called "Hubometers" and need to be bought for the tire size.
They are a good "Guess-timate" for rental fleets.
They trick is to install it then drive a number of miles with tow vehicle, then check it. It might be right or you will have a calibration number to work with.

/ Trailer Mileage Counter #9  
Why would you want one? Unless you tow half your traveled miles your never putting that many miles on it. IF you go a ton of miles a year a yearly bearing check/repack should be sufficient. for us others you check them when all other projects are done!! Tires who care replace them when rotton or bad.

/ Trailer Mileage Counter #10  
Why would you want one? Unless you tow half your traveled miles your never putting that many miles on it. IF you go a ton of miles a year a yearly bearing check/repack should be sufficient. for us others you check them when all other projects are done!! Tires who care replace them when rotton or bad.

My F-350 keeps track of each trailers miles for me. It recognizes each trailer when its plugged in and has a odometer that records the miles for each trailer, when its being pulled by that truck. if you have more than one pull vehicle then this will not track total miles.