Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

Default Re: Scrap value for truck?

Quote Originally Posted by flyerdan View Post
    Toyotas are in high demand, especially 4X4 and that year range. People on Yotatech and Pirate 4X4 scour craigslist for those all the time. You can do well better than scrap prices, someone will make a rock crawler out of it.
    This is what im talking about the toyota craze is well into its say 10th year at least. These things go for more money than you think they should now. They use to be had for scrap prices but most folks like us know that and the price goes up. But i do agree if it dont run and you wanted to get rid of it the $700 is fare. Running it may be $2k? They want the frame and the axles tcase etc. as well as body.
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Tractor
    John Deere 770, Bobcat 753

I agree with DP, let someone take it and restore it. Guys up here in the northeast search all over the country for decent soild axle Toyota trucks that aren't all rotted out. A "good" truck up here still has something that resembles a frame (usually patched to death) and has rust and rot up to the door hinges. Just from the those two photos, I can tell the body and frame are worth a ton of money to the right guys.

Throw it on Fleabay and CL and see what you can get. It would be a lot nicer to think that someone is restoring and enjoying such a rare bird, rather than it crushed and ruined.
    I've had a wonderful evening, but this wasn't it. ~ Groucho Marx

Tractor
    2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires

I have decided that if this guy doesn't come up with $1000 cash, gonna tell him no deal. Then I'm gonna at least get it running and go from there. I talked with a guy at work today, he's a pretty good mechanic and he's got an '87 Toyota 4x4 that he's built up for rock crawling (running it on propane too!) and he's willing to help me get mine running. So, now I'm hoping the guy doesn't come up with the cash!!! I will keep my word though, and give him a fair chance to look at, but I ain't coming off the price any!!!! I have owned this truck for 27 yrs, and I've always had a notion in the back of my mind to get it going again and this has been the motivation to do it. Would really enjoy driving it again! Thanks guys!!
    Nothing could be finer than riding my JD790 in South Carolina!!

2001 John Deere 790 4x4 with Model 70 FEL, 5ft International World Agritech bush hog, 5ft Wallberg BB, 5ft Frontier disc harrow, 5ft King Kutter II Rototiller, 5ft Cultipacker, 5ft Sitrex finish mower, Leinbach PHD with 9" & 12" augers, Leinbach middlebuster, Leinbach #11 Field Cultivator, boom pole, custom 3pt handi-hitch, clamp on bucket forks, Pat's Easy Change.

Nothing runs like a Deere, or smells like a John....

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

If thats your choice i would not sell it. Just call him now and tell him no! You will always regret it if he buys it and you did not stop him.
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Tractor
    Looking To Buy

I thin the 700 offer is prety decent for scrap only. These guys will give you $260. What condition is it in? maybe try to gauge interest on Craigslist?

Tractor
    Many

$700 is very good money !

Tractor
    John Deere 2305, 2320,Z465

Quote Originally Posted by D7E View Post
    $700 is very good money !
    Being a self described car guy, I would rather take $50 for a rare car from someone who is in love with a car than to scrape it for $250. But that's me.

Economic come into play though. If you get it running will you keep it or sell it for more. $700 is not a bad offer for a non running truck I think. What ever you do don't crush it. It is a nice truck in restorable condition, let someone enjoy it....cars have souls too!!
    Carefull what you aim for, Aim for nothing and you will achieve it with amazing accuracy.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler, Case 580 Super M Series 2

Scrap steel is $.07/lb here.

Tractor
    New holland TC(33)

SC toyota from 83 4x4....

Id give ya $700 for it in a heart beat
    Steve - TC33D 4x4 FEL, dual rear remotes with toys

Tractor
    Many

Quote Originally Posted by yelbike View Post
    Being a self described car guy, I would rather take $50 for a rare car from someone who is in love with a car than to scrape it for $250. But that's me.

Economic come into play though. If you get it running will you keep it or sell it for more. $700 is not a bad offer for a non running truck I think. What ever you do don't crush it. It is a nice truck in restorable condition, let someone enjoy it....cars have souls too!!
    I sold my old 1992 GMC 2wd 1/2ton 5.7L on kijiji last night for $500 . Equal to scrap money and less the hauling to selkirk !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast